The College Thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I love the missives from them saying, "We're not overly sensitive, stop saying we are!"
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Ah... and one day they make up the work force. It really isn't hard to understand why in our labor market with so many that have dropped out of the labor force unable to find work that it's made up mostly of the 20 somethings.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

UNC Wrestling coach mad that schools decide guilt.
His son, Corey Mock, is a nationally ranked wrestler. A former UNC-Chapel Hill student, he was a star athlete at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga until the senior was accused of rape last March and was expelled in December.

"Our case is a classic he said, she said case," C.D. Mock said. "You don't kick someone out of school or punish somebody because he said, she said."

He started a blog to share his frustration with the handling of sexual assault cases on college campuses. Guilt or innocence is left up to the university, not the criminal justice system, he complains.

The blog also names the alleged victim in his son's case and includes graphic details of the sexual encounter involving her.

"The idea that a woman who is intoxicated has no control is ridiculous," one post states. "Hate to break it to you feminists out there, but the whole idea on college campus today is to drink alcohol in social environments to reduce inhibitions."

Alice Wilder, a columnist for The Daily Tar Heel newspaper at UNC-Chapel Hill, said she learned about the blog after reading a fiery letter to the editor that C.D. Mock wrote in defense of his son.

"The message seemed to be that women were responsible for preventing their own rape, instead of saying that people shouldn't assault other people," Wilder said. "I was really surprised that someone that is employed here is that cavalier about it."

The "women [are] responsible for preventing their own rape" thing:
* Does that mean I am not responsible for being robbed, and therefore should do nothing to prevent being robbed? Should I not lock my doors, or even have locks? Should I not hide valuable goods? Should I not put valuables in a bank?
* Is no one responsible for the consequences of their behavior?

Look, I get it: people should not rape, assault, murder, etc other people. BUT THEY DO. Why make it easier? Why put yourself in that place?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Dude accused of rape. Accuser gets all kinds of press for carrying a mattress to classes in protest of the college not doing anything about it. She never filed rape charges with the actual police. Dude provides emails and chat logs showing how she was always friendly and affectionate with him even after the supposed rape. All rape charges dropped but not after the smear campaign on campus and the retention of a criminal lawyer. Media still loves mattress girl.

Yet another reason to warn your son stringently before sending him off to college.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2015....gations
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Somewhere, the biggest serial killer/criminal in the world is a hot chick. Mainly because she can keep getting away with it.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Dude investigated for rape on campus because he reminded girl of a dude who raped her 1000 miles away.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2015....as.html
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Interesting. Oberlin's as far left as a college can get, but I like how it's the stats professor.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know if "Accused of rape while in college" insurance is a thing, but it needs to be. Enough of a payout to get a high-profile law firm involved to put the fear of a lawyer-fucking into the college administrators.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Rape accusation insurance?

Edited By Malcolm on 1424143413
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah that.

I'll just go ahead and say 1 in 5 men will be accused of rape while in college, as long as we are making shit up. Need to get insurance against that. A law firm that will keep the college from witch hunting you, and then go after the accuser for $ for filing false shit... if that applies.

Better call Saul.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Twenty years in the future, it will be illegal to be around another human being without a camera of some kind recording the interaction. Just in case.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Chick gets drunk with a dude and tells him she wants to fuck. Actually evades two cockblocking friends to go fuck the guy. Makes sure he has a condom. A week later decides he raped her, dude is expelled.

http://www.slate.com/article....ed.html
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

One of many reasons college is a joke. I'd say that you could make a vid to defend yourself, but that's illegal without consent of both parties.

Edited By Malcolm on 1424659881
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That article is fucked up from top to bottom. Nobody with a shred of logic or an IQ about 60 could have justified expelling John alone. Either neither gets punished or both.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Progressive peeps with messages for straight white men.

https://archive.today/zRB16

My faves are:

“Sit down and let us abolish you.”

And the one with the middle finger.

I also like the multiple "I am not a token" t-shirts. I need to get into the t-shirt bidness.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Looking at these people I can't help but wonder what they'd do if there's an EMP and they actually had to provide for themselves. When they are unable to hunt their own food would they blame the straight white male? How many would suddenly decide the straight white male that went out and killed food for them was actually pretty okay?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think if shit hit the fan I would end up being kind of vindictive against people like this. If I can personally support fewer people than the entire set of those needing to be helped, I am going to find out who the hippies are.

Aw, who am I kidding...

I bet almost all the people I end up taking in have ovaries, but hey.... that's just a sound reproductive strategy. Hippie women are going to be in for a rude awakening if law enforcement ceases to exists.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I'd give the anti-gun non-shaving ladies a rape whistle to go hunt rabbits with.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I heard a good line the other day that stuck with me. To the best of my memory:

This generation was raised believing every one of them is special. Now they are in college thinking every one of them is a victim.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This generation was raised believing every one of them is special.

Most of them are special. "Short bus" is a kind of special.