The College Thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Plan on sending your son to college?

Post by Leisher »

Send your kid to Drexel, where this piece of shit pretending to be human teaches.

Drexel pretending this asshole's personal opinions don't affect them is a pussy move. If he was ranting neocon bullshit he'd be fired. He should be fired simply on the basis that he's more likely to drive students away than attract them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I saw some military person responded to his tweet with, "Yeah, you tried not to vomit. You actually just sat there silent like a little bitch."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Can no one put down their Twitter account? Has Drumpf fever infected that many people?
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Chick rapes dude on campus. Admits it. College expels dude.

http://whotv.com/2017/03/02/drake-expel ... o-sex-act/
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

One more reason to jump on the "FUCK IOWA" bandwagon.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Then, in November, Torrey filed a new complaint alleging that Grossman stalked her in the food hall.
This resulted in Grossman being sent to a detention cell for 12 hours in handcuffs with his legs shackled, according to the lawsuit.
Grossman was eventually released. The NYPD dropped the charges after video surveillance from Pace showed no evidence of stalking.
So why wasn't Torrey arrested for false complaints or what not?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Because girls are special.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

TheCatt wrote: So why wasn't Torrey arrested for false complaints or what not?
Because that probably requires someone to prove that she knowingly and willfully did it, which is more trouble than they want to go to, especially to prosecute a young, white chick.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Penn State either rapes your kid or kills them at a frat hazing.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Penn State either rapes your kid or kills them at a frat hazing.
I was always surprised about the lack of deaths from frat hazing given what the people I know who went to frats went through.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Kids have just gotten stupider.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

The pair had a drink and drug-fuelled argument, and Woodward punched and swiped at the victim with a bread knife.
He said: "It seems to me that if this was a one-off, a complete one-off...
Ok, so the straight-laced, 4.0 grad student who's allegedly never done anything like this before goes from Flanders to trailer trash I might see on "Cops" in one night? Was she dating a meth head? Where did she get the drugs? How much did she have? Was there a goddamn tox report?
The pair had a row, and when he threatened to call Woodward’s mother, his then-girlfriend punched him before picking up a bread knife and stabbing him in the leg.
The fuck? The dude's response to an argument is to call your mom? Isn't that the grade school plan? He sounds like a hardcore bad-ass who leads people astray.
Woodward had a 'very troubled life', struggled with drug addiction, and had been abused by another ex, Mr Sturman said.
Whoa, wait a fucking minute. WTF happened to "one-off?"

Addendum: Oh, it's Oxford. I'm betting Lavinia Woodward knows just the right people at uni to stay out of trouble.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Is this a full on bitch about college thread?

English college about to give degrees on eSport gaming.

This is why I think college is a massive sham. How are Earth could anyone take such a degree seriously?

I hope this college is ready for the suicides that occur when these graduates show up online and get owned and then mercilessly mocked.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

God, I love that comic strip.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Majority of Republicans think college is hurting the U.S.

It's too late in the evening to do it right now, but if you really consider it rationally and unbiased, you could make one giant list of reasons why they're right.

"The world needs ditch diggers too."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

More than half of the Republicans surveyed for a Pew Research Center poll released Monday say colleges and universities are hurting the country,
What a bunch of babies. They're wrong. Are colleges perfect? Of course not. Hurting America? Insanity.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I would need to see numbers on the number of graduated finishing with big debt that will take more than ten years to pay off.

As it is, I think a lot of people take on this debt without a clear understanding of what they are doing and why they are doing it.

I know TPR disagrees but I still see a basic connection between what amounts to inexperienced kids with bottomless funds to attend school, and schools jacking up their price.