Today's Moron Champion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Cake gets censored for bad word

She ordered the $70 sheet cake online through Publix, but she was alerted profane or special characters weren't allowed when she requested the bakery include Jacob's honor. The mom clarified her request with special instructions.

She said when her husband picked up the cake, he didn't know the bakery omitted the middle Latin word, and it was replaced with hyphens.

"The cake experience was kind of frustrating and humiliating because I had to explain to my friends and family like what that meant," Jacob Koscinski said. "And they were giggling uncontrollably. At least my friends were."
Story
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Dude pees while seated in his flight. Also Frontier Airlines.

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

What. The. Fuck.

Same torturous seats as Spirit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

The fifth and final notice on March 30 presents Michael some options to get his broken down vehicle off their property, and in all the options his parents offer to help pay for the repairs.
Since he still refused to leave, his parents filed for an ejectment proceeding to end what some might call a failure to launch.
Michael asked the court to dismiss the request.
He claimed that for the past eight years he "has never been expected to contribute to household expenses, or assisted with chores and the maintenance of the premises, and claims that this is simply a component of his living agreement," according to filings obtained by CNN affiliate WSTM.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

I've got a dollar that says that's a borrowed suit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Clearly his parents bought him the suit.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Political candidate admits to being a pedophile among other things.

Someone needs to just put two behind his ear.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

GM VP crashes pace car delaying some race.

That's got to hurt the ego.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Just started an astronomy class, which should finish off my science requirements, and we're on assignment #1. First of all, only three of the dozen members of my discussion group even posted an answer. Considering my next assignment grade depends on responding to two of those posts...yay... This should be a blast going forward. Ugh.

Second, here's the assignment and below it is one of the two responses I have to work with:
Nature of Science
Each of the following statements makes some type of claim. Decide whether that claim could be evaluated scientifically or not. If it can be evaluated scientifically, explain how you could do this evaluation. If it cannot be evaluated scientifically, explain why not. Explain clearly—not all of these claims have definitive answers, so your explanation is the most important part. Note that you are not being asked whether these statements are true or could be true, you are only asked if they can be evaluated scientifically.

1. My house is haunted by ghosts who make the creaking noises I hear each night.
2. Children born when Jupiter is in the constellation Taurus are more likely to grow up to be musicians than other children.
3. Newton’s law of gravity works as well for explaining the orbits of planets around other stars as it does for explaining the orbits of planets in our own solar system.
4. Cats are clearly superior to dogs.
5. The National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado, has developed a complex computer code based on the laws of thermodynamics that predicts the influence of added CO2 on climate. It claims that with every additional 100 parts per million CO2, the mean global temperature will rise by 1 C.
The response of a student named after a very popular president who was assassinated in Dallas:
I love ghost hunting, so not only would this be fun for me, but also could be proven. On TV, i see numerous TV shows about ghosts. The host always has a new bright and shiny electronic device to aid in the search for ghosts. They are devices that locate, and apparently vocalize the ghosts. A Google search of Ghosts hunts leads to numinous spots to search, plus clubs who will help you search.
Not only did he not answer four of the scenarios, but what the fuck am I supposed to do with that?

The only response I can come up with is "You're a fucking moron."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

In the words of the Backyardigans, “That’s not very scientific”
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

"This isn't a religion class, bro."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

I'm sitting here trying to give him a response because ME RESPONDING TO THIS IDIOT AFFECTS MY GRADE. I have no idea what to say. I actually emailed the instructor because of the group I was randomly assigned, three of us completed the assignment. One of those was this idiot. I'm required to respond to at least two other classmates.

I REALLY want to respond, "Is this some sort of joke?" and just see what they come back with.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

"There's a reason these shows are called Ghost Hunters, and not Ghost Finders."
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

Basically, you seem to be stuck humoring the person who believes in nonsense.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

The instructor told him to correct his answer to properly do the assignment. Here's his "fix":
1. My house is haunted by ghosts , I think that would be fun. I've seen numerous TV shows about ghost hunting. All of them have very fancy equipment to aid in the search. There is even groups who will come to your house to help you search for ghosts. I think this could be scientifically proven.

2.Children born during a certain constellation are more musically inclined. I think this could be proven to be more of a hereditary issue than with the constellations, Hard to prove

3. newton's law of gravity was superseded by Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity. Newton's law is still used today by scientist to text the laws of gravity. This could be easy to prove

4.cats are superior to dogs has been a ongoing debate for years. I think both sides have valid points. I think it more of a pet preference, hard to prove

5. The national center of Atmospheric center has monitored global temperatures for years. They have collected data between 1880 and 2012 . Their data concludes that the earth has had a significant rise is temperature since the 1970's. this could be proven.
A response of "You're a moron" would still work, imho.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Well, better. But still a moron