Today's Moron Champion

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Malcolm »

This guy.
The man often known as "Rocket Madsen" — famed for the three personal submarines he has constructed and his dreams of sending a rocket to space — initially told police that he had dropped Wall off back on shore just hours after setting out. Yet authorities quickly arrested and charged him with manslaughter shortly after he was rescued from the sub, and as they questioned him behind closed doors, his story began to change.
His sub "sank" and the reporter was mysteriously gone. Five or six versions of an alibi later, and the tides fuck him over.
Danish police have identified remains that washed ashore in Copenhagen as those of Kim Wall, the Swedish journalist who died aboard inventor Peter Madsen's personal submarine earlier this month. Authorities announced Wednesday that they had matched Wall's DNA with a female torso, which was found without a head, legs or arms.

"The autopsy also shows that there was metal attached to the torso," Copenhagen police said in a press release. "At the same time, the body bears the mark of having, most likely, been inflicted deliberate damage with the purpose of ensuring that gasses can pass out of the body — possibly in an attempt to avoid that a body rises from the seabed."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

This one will warm Gordon's heart.

Black transgender model fired for racist tirade against whites.

She still doesn't get it either. Still rambling on and blaming L'Oreal instead of admitting maybe labeling an entire race of people is, I don't know, racist...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

Bah... I came to DTMan to post it.. .and saw there was a new post here, but figured it belonged more in the other.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

You're probably right. I forgot about that thread.
Malcolm

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Malcolm »

Whoever greenlit this article.
Professor John Einmahl of the Department of Econometrics at Tilburg University and colleagues collected data from 75,000 Dutch people who died sometime over the past 30 years. Now they think they've found the ceiling for human lifespan – 115.7 years for women and (sorry, guys) 114.1 years for men.
Note that word "ceiling." List of oldest verified people ever: the top 10 are women, and the list bottoms out at 116 years and 300-plus days. Let the backpedaling begin.
He later told the BBC you'd have to travel a long, long way to find an exception to the rule. "It's almost impossible you'll get beyond [115 years]. You need 10,000 worlds like ours to end up with one individual in a given year who will live until 125 – so a very small chance."
No, dumb-ass. It's almost impossible for an atom of matter to pass through other another atom of solid matter even though both contain almost nothing but empty space -- but it's still technically a non-zero chance. With five seconds of research, I just found 10 instances of "almost impossible."
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Malcolm »

People who use homeopathic meds.
On Friday, the Centers for Disease Control published in its Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report an account of a female infant in Manchester, Connecticut who “showed normocytic anemia and a blood lead level of 41 μg/dL (levels exceeding 5 μg/dL are abnormal).” Epidemiological investigators determined the lead poisoning was unlikely to have come from two interior window wells with lead-based paint, the CDC reported, but the parents of the child later informed them the child had occasionally worn a “homeopathic magnetic hematite healing bracelet” purchased at a local fair.
Just for the record, homeopathy != science, ergo science > homeopathy.
The “hematite” bracelet’s spacer beads, when tested, showed lead levels in excess of 17,000 ppm—far higher than the Consumer Product Commission’s 2010 limit of 100 ppm in items “manufactured and marketed for children.” Investigators could find “no identifying marks indicating metal content or manufacturer,” not locate the original vendor.
As Ars Technica noted, regulators including the Food and Drug Administration have long been suspicious of homeopathic remedies which potentially contain dangerous amounts of toxic substances. Hyland’s, one of the leading manufacturers of bullshit, scientifically unsupported homeopathic pseudo-medicines, recalled its line of teething tablets in April after the FDA determined the pills contained “widely inconsistent levels of the toxic substance belladonna, aka deadly nightshade.” More than 400 reports of sick infants emerged, including 10 infant deaths.
Jesus H. Goddamn Motherfucking Christ on a crutch. Well, fortunately our legislators are out to get these fucking snake oil-selling bastards.
Despite scientific evidence the vast majority of alternative medical treatments don’t work, the FDA lacks the authority to crack down on the estimated $50 billion industry thanks in large part to well-funded lobbying efforts.
Malcolm

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Malcolm »

Repeat after me: alternative medicine doesn't fucking work.
Proponents of apricot kernel oil as a cancer treatment mistakenly believe that this cyanide only targets cancer cells, and is therefore safe to consume. But up-to-date clinical research shows no beneficial effect to using amygdalin or laetrile to treat cancer.
So it doesn't do shit ... well, not unless you OD.
A seemingly healthy 67-year old Australian man developed cyanide poisoning after ingesting apricot kernel extract.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

Steve Jobs was big on alternative medicine...
Malcolm

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote: Steve Jobs was big on alternative medicine...
It's called iMeds.
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

"Compensation Hunter" caught on video.

This type of person is the same as a thief.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by TheCatt »

I've seen a few of these before, but only from 3rd world countries.
Vince

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: "Compensation Hunter" caught on video.

This type of person is the same as a thief.
It's like professional soccer players doing their fake injuries. So I can see why they are inspired in Europe for this.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by Leisher »

This isn't going to please Gordon...

Thief turns into cunt.
"I do feel sorry to an extent"
"It made me relevant," she told Inside Edition. "You are calling me"
Great. I look forward to all the copycats who also want their 2 seconds of fame.

Here's the uggo trying to be sexy.

She is a LOT uglier than she thinks she is...
GORDON
Site Admin

Today's Moron Champion

Post by GORDON »

What do I have to do with it?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."