Islam - the thread of peace and tolerance

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: On the other hand, would really old/terminal people act with less care?
But with them, I mean, you'd have a shot at escaping.

You can outrun them. You could easily see them coming. They'd have to pull out directions before activating a bomb. Etc.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: On the other hand, would really old/terminal people act with less care?
But with them, I mean, you'd have a shot at escaping.

You can outrun them. You could easily see them coming. They'd have to pull out directions before activating a bomb. Etc.
WHERE ARE MY GOD DAMNED READERS? CAN'T ANYONE PUT IN DECENT LIGHTING AROUND HERE?!
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If you behave because the sky father will spank you if you don't, then you aren't a good person.

If you commit acts in the name of your faith in hopes of a reward, then you aren't a good person.

Both aspects are selfish.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: If you behave because the sky father will spank you if you don't, then you aren't a good person.

If you commit acts in the name of your faith in hopes of a reward, then you aren't a good person.

Both aspects are selfish.
I'm not sure I agree. With the first two sentences. The third is the truth.

Many people are indoctrinated into a certain belief from birth. Do you know how difficult it is to cast that aside? Also take into account that many act violently when they're young, foolish, easily manipulated, and not yet wise enough to question the world properly. Do we allow some leeway for ignorance?

Also, I could absolutely see a "good person" being talked into targeting a military installation. I absolutely cannot see a "good person" targeting women and children though. Once you attack the innocent, you're the asshole.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You're either afraid of punishment, or hope for a reward. Neither makes one "good."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: You're either afraid of punishment, or hope for a reward. Neither makes one "good."
If you're countering my response, I would point out you're completely ignoring the indoctrinated part. Kind of important.

Also, my third paragraph above kind of muddles the argument. That's on me. The types of targets are irrelevant.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Woman kills herself due to ban on women attending men's soccer games.

Lots of social media buzz in support of the woman and ending the ban within Iran. Also, FIFA wants the ban gone prior to Iran's next official match.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Post critical of Islam gets four people killed in a riot.

Tolerance!

CNN didn't show us what the post said, I assume, so they avoid any violent retribution.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Muslims stabbing tourists in Maldives for wearing bikinis.

Nothing says peace and tolerance like stabbing people for their choice of clothing.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Need to know more about the people wearing the bikinis, to know how I feel about that.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Need to know more about the people wearing the bikinis, to know how I feel about that.
I don't.

A clothing choice shouldn't get you killed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Islamists stone Women's Day marchers
Islamists pelted campaigners with stones, shoes and sticks as they marched through Pakistan’s capital on Sunday to mark International Women’s Day.

Women and men joined the event in Islamabad, one of several rallies across the country, for what is known in Pakistan as the Aurat March, using the Urdu word for women.

Hundreds of men and women from the Red Mosque brigade, consisting of several local militant groups, and a Taliban allied religious party staged a rival rally just across from the women’s march venue, District Deputy Commissioner Hamza Shafqaat said.

Police official Mazhar Niazi said the officers blocked the Islamists as they tried to break through a cordon to attack the marchers.

A Reuters witness and Niazi said the Islamists threw stones, bricks, sticks and shoes at the marchers. Niazi said no one was injured.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

It's truly amazing to me that women from civilized societies convert to that religion.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: It's truly amazing to me that women from civilized societies convert to that religion.
Right?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

2 women killed by their own family because they kissed a guy.

The article never mentions the religion, but these are "honor killings" in a majority Muslim country. It's not hard to figure out, and pretty shitty that CNN obviously goes out of their way to name it.

How fucking warped does your brain have to be to murder your own kid? And for, literally, nothing.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's france. In a few weeks those shocked students will be saying the teacher shouldn't have insulted islam if he didn't want his head cut off.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Insulting Muslims is an abuse of free speech.

Muslims are super pissed about comments by Macron this week, but don't really give a shit about a teacher being beheaded.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just saw this elsewhere:
Militant muslims want to kill you. Moderate muslims want militant muslims to kill you.