Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

My inaction doesn't do shit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Microplastics might not be a health risk for humans, but lots more study is needed.

Their damaging effect to sea life, particularly coral, isn't a direct negative, but is still a negative.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

Yellowstone Caldera will blow and the last thing to cross the environmentalists minds will be, Damn... we were kind of arrogant, weren't we?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

We're already way past Al Gore's point of no return.

Goddam Cletus in Appalachia didn't stop polluting rivers in South America and putting CFCs into the atmosphere in China.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Thanks, Guatemala.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/1 ... uman-waste

Kroger needs to ban plastic bags there.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Kroger needs to ban plastic bags there.
While I'm 100% fine with doing my little bit here and there to help out, yes, we have proven again and again WE are not the problem.

WE = 1st world citizens who absolutely do contribute to pollution, but who don't typically just dump all their trash into the street.

So you know what really needs to happen?
Step 1: The UN (using that term to represent the world's governments) needs to stop pussyfooting around and treat this as the global killer they claim it to be and act accordingly.

Without that step, everything they say and do has no teeth and means nothing. Threats without consequences are pretty much the most worthless thing ever.

Once that's done:
-Unite to bring down the hammer on China's manufacturing of CFCs.
-Demand some percentage of every country's GDP go to environmental cleanup efforts and public education about waste disposal and recycling. Boot countries who don't do this out of the UN.
-Ban the sale of plastic products to countries like Guatemala until they get with the program. "Oh, this is a hardship on your people and they might die? Well, the whole world dies if we don't do something, and since you're not willing to do something, you're telling us that you're part of a problem that needs to be removed."
-Take some of that UN money and start attacking these massive garbage patches. Buy a bunch of pool skimmers and get that shit out of the water.
-Offer huge financial prizes to citizens/corporations/countries who come prove effective new technologies to fix the issue, who go to great lengths to fix the issue, etc.

Point being, put up or shut up. They're either aggressively attacking the problem or they're just jerking off.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

In other environmental news, the Amazon is burning and two needle dicks are in a pissing contest.
he would only respond to the offer once Macron withdrew his insults of him.
Again, where is the UN to bitch slap both of these idiots?
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Yes, we should spend a lot of money putting those fires out.

Then the ones who set the fires in the first place will just light a match and start them again.

This problem isn't going to be solved with thoughts and prayers.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Yes, we should spend a lot of money putting those fires out.

Then the ones who set the fires in the first place will just light a match and start them again.

This problem isn't going to be solved with thoughts and prayers.
I don't follow. Are you replying to my longer post about the ocean thing or the Amazon fire post?

$20M isn't a lot of money, and it's a gift from Europe being turned down because the president of Brazil thinks Macron insulted him. Literally, the world's #1 oxygen producer is burning down and instead of taking money to help put out the fire, this guy is demanding an apology because his feelings are hurt.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I'm saying that pledging ANY money to put out the fires is ridiculous. The fires were set on purpose. They will be relit after the rest of the world puts them out.

The only way to stop it at this point will be blood, one way or another.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Ah. Is that confirmed? If so, I assume it was that cattle industry down there who have been removing forest for grazing.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Well, I haven't gone downm personally to see it, but they are always slash and burning the rainforest for more farmland.

And the people lining up to go down and plant trees... just wtf... what are they thinking? THEY ARE BURNING TREES DOWN. They think baby trees will stop it?
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: And the people lining up to go down and plant trees... just wtf... what are they thinking? THEY ARE BURNING TREES DOWN. They think baby trees will stop it?
They are probably unaware of what goes on down there.

You know what would solve this problem? Guns.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: And the people lining up to go down and plant trees... just wtf... what are they thinking? THEY ARE BURNING TREES DOWN. They think baby trees will stop it?
They are probably unaware of what goes on down there.

You know what would solve this problem? Guns.
Exactly right. A bullet in the head to every person lighting the fires, then to the people who hired them, then to the people who would fill the vacuum. Eventually they'd realize destroying the global ecosystem for more soybean land is a bad choice.

If the rainforest burning down is as dire as we would be led to believe, then this would all be self defense.

But nope.... we'll get thoughts and prayers, and "goddam trump," somehow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

So, what Leisher is proposing is a global government without regard to national sovereignty, right? UN dictates policies, since the Earth means all of our existences are intertwined.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

The alternative is... What? Again, if the consequences are as fatal as some say, then we don't have time to wait out the current Brazilian administration.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: The alternative is... What? Again, if the consequences are as fatal as some say, then we don't have time to wait out the current Brazilian administration.
Move North? Hope food supplies keep up?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: So, what Leisher is proposing is a global government without regard to national sovereignty, right? UN dictates policies, since the Earth means all of our existences are intertwined.
Not exactly.
GORDON wrote: If the rainforest burning down is as dire as we would be led to believe, then this would all be self defense.
This is my point.

I used the UN as the "governing body" because it's supposed to represent the will of a majority of nations. However, my pitch was that everyone who is warning us about "points of no return" and "action needs to be taken now" needs to shut up and actually do something or simply shut up.
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Ah. Is that confirmed? If so, I assume it was that cattle industry down there who have been removing forest for grazing.
It's the dry season and fires usually break out in the Amazon during the two months of the dry season and this season is about on par with the norm. People are on social media reposting fires that are not of the rain forest and not from this year and being chicken littles without knowing anything.

As far as the UN being some sort of global governing body, you have to be prepared for Israel to no longer exist for that to happen.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

There's a reason I've been qualifying my statements with, "If the situation is as dire as they say."