Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

If that were standard practice, then it would be a N. America problem. But it isn't, and it isn't.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

At first I thought you mean Ivan Drago... then I realized you meant Drogo. Then I realized you should have said Aquaman, since they're talking about plastic pollution.

:-D
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Trust me... it takes a long time to stab that many hermit crabs with a straw.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

We must reach "peak meat" by 2030.

First of all, this is further proof that the real problem is that there are simply too many people.

Secondly, I've taken science classes in college and seen the news reports about how farming is as bad, or worse, for the environment than livestock. So I'm dubious about this claim.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Anyone remember the peak oil hysteria from 18 years ago?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

On this date in 2008, Al Gore (hollowed be his name) told a German audience that the polar ice cap would be gone in five years. Today is the sixth year of remembrance of the disappearance of Santa's home.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I still see "the science is settled" used unironically, pertaining to this subject.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

I enjoy both sides of this debate, and figure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's a good Stossel piece on Climate Change:
https://youtu.be/b8JZo6PzpCU
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Thousands of people no longer fly due to Climate Change.

Listen, the realities of climate change aside, I'd bet anything that folks who do this are FAR more likely to be persuaded to join a cult.

People like this, who are all in on what they've been told about climate change, make "the debate is over" a far scarier statement.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thousands of people no longer fly due to Climate Change.

Listen, the realities of climate change aside, I'd bet anything that folks who do this are FAR more likely to be persuaded to join a cult.

People like this, who are all in on what they've been told about climate change, make "the debate is over" a far scarier statement.
Thank fucking God. Nearly every flight I'm on lately has been full.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Have they updated that in the 4.5 years since that was published?
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

They need to adjust previous raw data up to make the dire prediction models accurate .

:mrgreen:
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Have they updated that in the 4.5 years since that was published?
Didn't look at the date. Came through from someone on the Twitters.

If it makes you feel better, we've been getting told Antarctica is losing ice for far more than 4 years.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

The aptly named Ocean Cleanup device is up and running.

Older article, but just came up in my feed. Anyway, necessity is the mother of invention or something.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »