Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

The wife and I watched both The Day The Earth Stood Stills recently. The original was much better written. The remake was visually better and the direction was good, but the story was kind of crap. I watched the end and in order to save the planet from us the aliens removed all technology (which makes you wonder how the alien race developed). So I'm watching mankind at the end walking out of their buildings with no power and getting out of their cars that won't run anymore and thought, "Gee... rather than starve to death and watch humanity turn to cannibalism, could you just bring back the nanobots to deconstruct me at the molecular level like you were originally planning?"
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

"Sorry, diabetics."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

Or anybody not Amish.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I don't really think they were sorry. But they were the kind of douches who would say sorry, anyway.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: And yet Satan has people fooled into using less plastic in order to save landfill space which we have plenty of, in order to pump more CO2 into the atmosphere.
Well, no. And this is one of the big problems. There's confusion about the different types of pollution and their effects. The plastic bags have less to do with the global warming issue, and more to do with plastic pollution affecting our food and oceans. There are different issues, but the dumb fucks behind the global warming/climate change/etc. PR are exceptionally bad at their job. That's why it does matter about our plastic bags, but they keep arguing "Climate Change" where, no, the plastic bags don't matter as much. Plastic pollution is now found in all of our food, water, and is one of the main things responsible for killing of ocean life, including coral reefs. That should be enough, we don't need to scream "climate change" on top of it.
GORDON wrote: If the world actually ends in CO2 global warming, it isn't going to be because a million Cletuses in appalacia didn't believe in climate change, or evolution. It'll be because of a whole bunch of educated people in positions of authority making bad decisions based on imperfect understanding.

Who will then blame Cletus in Appalachia.
Sadly, this is the most accurate statement here except for one part. Those people in authority are going to make bad decisions on imperfect understanding, selfishness based upon national pride, and honestly, because they don't fucking care. Look at all the monsters who defended and protected Epstein and still do. Tell me there aren't people in power who don't give a fuck if the world ends tomorrow.
Vince wrote: You also have to ask yourself how big of a crisis this is. Is it worth going to war with China if they won't comply with CO2 restrictions? Or India? The US has had one of the largest drops in produced CO2 in the industrialized world. So what we're doing is going in the correct direction. What do we do about the nations that refuse to do that?
This proves my point further. Because "yes" is the truthful answer here. The entire world should be fucking hammering China based upon their CFC production, which is banned worldwide, yet nobody is doing shit. Everyone is too worried about their own economies to focus on the overall bigger picture. It's easy to publicly bash the U.S. because it's in vogue with Trump as president and him refusing to constantly be the world's check writer. It's one of the few things I actually support Trump on because this is NOT a "open the U.S. checkbook" fix. This requires the entire world to commit to it. I'm not certain that's Trump's stance, but at least he's not bending over and pretending to do something like Obama was doing.
TheCatt wrote: I believe science will figure something out, but I'd sure like to try mitigating things in the meantime.
Agree 100%
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Another massive floating garbage patch found.

One thing that truly bugs me about these garbage patches is why we just leave them there. Is there a specific reason? If not, let's go out with some oil tankers and gather it all up to be properly disposed of.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Another massive floating garbage patch found.

One thing that truly bugs me about these garbage patches is why we just leave them there. Is there a specific reason? If not, let's go out with some oil tankers and gather it all up to be properly disposed of.
It's not just a pile of trash. The sea they are referencing is 3,000,000 square miles. Roughly the same size as the continental United States. The trash is spread throughout.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

And last time I bothered to read an article, a lot of the patch was micro-plastics suspended below the surface, which you can't even see. That it was sold as an "island of garbage" firmly reinforces in me that they all lie.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: That it was sold as an "island of garbage" firmly reinforces in me that they all lie.
I have constantly seen the same type of description. It's not a lie, but it is hyperbole. It absolutely hurts their efforts to do shit like that, and I say that as someone on their side.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

So the Romans are the problem?
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: So the Romans are the problem?
Really, looks like the Sumerians are to blame.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I wish the chart went back far enough to when levels were higher than today. It would be less scary.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I wish the chart went back far enough to when levels were higher than today. It would be less scary.
Dinosaurs are pretty scary. Also, there were zero humans back then.

Life conditions back then.

And more
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

That's why we evolved to make air conditioning.

Ice caps are not the typical status of the planet.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Ice caps are not the typical status of the planet.
Ask all of human existence.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

If the Earth were created 6000 years ago, that would be a relevant argument
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: If the Earth were created 6000 years ago, that would be a relevant argument
I think it's relevant to the 8 billion people who live on Earth.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Ok?
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Ok?
So you wouldn’t kill 1 person for 1 billion dollars, but destroy the homes of a billion people via inaction, for nothing?