Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

France is the first nation to ban all 5 pesticides related to bee deaths.

Good move by France, and hopefully others follow suit.

Bees are crazy important to the environment, and their dwindling numbers should be a huge cause for concern.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Here's something we're hearing more and more of

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

They should have added "eliminate one hippie" on that chart.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Flying cars will save us from global warming.

Not sure their logic is sound.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

According to the new study, fully loaded with a pilot and three passengers, flying electric cars would have about 52% lower greenhouse gas emissions than traditional cars and would generate 6% lower greenhouse gas emissions than electric cars over trips of 100 kilometers, about 62 miles.
Really? Even having to fight gravity so much?
These types of cars would be especially useful in cities congested with traffic.
What about smarter, self-driving cars that lower congestion?
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

All other things equal, it takes more energy to.fly a car vs rolling it around, full stop.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: All other things equal, it takes more energy to.fly a car vs rolling it around, full stop.
Right? I mean, physics?
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

He says we're not allowed to point at the hypocrisy of green activists who don't live green.

He seems legit.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

I just thought it was funny that there are active and public calls for full scale rebellion from the political side of the spectrum that wants more government.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

They want to allow.in more immigrants while at the same time bemoaning that the American lifestyle is environmentally unsustainable.

These people are mentally ill.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

I'm still not convinced that is correct, but I believe I'm stuck on wording or perception.

I look at it like a flooded basement that has stopped flooding right before spilling into other rooms. Then someone starts pouring bottles of water into the basement causing it to flood other rooms.

It makes sense that the Earth would have a proper balance for CO2 and other greenhouse gases, and our contributions, although smaller than others, is the monkey wrench.

That is separate from my beliefs that humans absolutely should stop using the Earth like a cheap whore.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

The Earth doesn't have a "proper" balance, it never has. It just is what it is, for now, while it changes.

Greenland was ice free X (5 or 6?) hundred years ago, when vikings were planting grape vines, there. So.... yeah.

Show me the Control Earth with no humans, before I bet the farm.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
Greenland was ice free X (5 or 6?) hundred years ago, when vikings were planting grape vines, there. So.... yeah.
Scientists say no, they did not.
What about the wine? Danish geologist Svend Fundor, who is an expert in this region, emailed Dr. Weymann and said: “Let me … assure you that the last wine plants to grow in Greenland were those that grew …60 million years ago.”

The myth concerning grapes in Greenland grew out of confusion over the name Vineland given by the Norse to parts of North America and to ambiguity in the word “vin” which in old Norse, can also mean “berries” or even “pasture.”
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Danes are well known to be liars.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Reusable grocery bags need to be used about 170 times before they are better for the environment than a single use plastic bag.

And some.peeps.claim they only last about 50 times, and are disease vectors.

However, Danes are well known to be liars.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Another sky is falling report.

I'm not sure the human race deserves saving.
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

A few years ago we lost half... HALF... our ocean species in one year. It was when they took all the species and sub-species of ocean life and put them for the first time in an all inclusive database and discovered there were a shit ton of duplicates under different names. Someone somewhere would discover a new species and name it after his wife and another marine biologist would find the same type of rare shrimp somewhere else and name it after his hamster and so one. They found five and six entries of some species.

Plus, if they can't even tell me the species we wiped out last year, I find their claims a little... phooy.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren