Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

I don't know what the cause here is, but it fits the theme...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I don't know what the cause here is, but it fits the theme...
I saw a clip of this same incident from an apartment or office window 2 or 3 stories above. Sounded like 3 or 4 guys watching. They were all pretty much in agreement that the sign snatcher is a hero.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

I don't doubt that, although they're going to have to prove to me that it increasing by that percentage over the past two years has actually killed people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

I'm sure it did kill people in CA where the wildfires are likely attributing the majority of the increase. Not peer reviewed. Just garbage as far as science goes. But they were able to take a swipe at Trump with it, so it served its purpose.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

I guess global warming does have some positives
But he warned: 'It's important to recognize that what we're seeing this year is due to warmer stratospheric temperatures. It's not a sign that atmospheric ozone is suddenly on a fast track to recovery.'
Vince

Post by Vince »

"You can forget that last grift since we've started on the next grift."
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote:
"You can forget that last grift since we've started on the next grift."
So the ozone hole was all just a hoax? It wouldn't impact us? We didn't need to change anything? Sure, back that argument up.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: So the ozone hole was all just a hoax? It wouldn't impact us? We didn't need to change anything? Sure, back that argument up.
It wasn't a hoax. But the science was pointing towards it being restricted to Antarctica due to upper atmospheric weather patterns. The ozone issue was a turning point for the grifters. Once the world outlawed the CFCs, the research funding dried up rather quickly. Lesson learned was that the next crisis/cash cow had to be something the cause for which is not easily remedied.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Remember carbon credits? Al Gore is probably still snickering.

I saw some Australian peeps the other day claim that they're dropping dead left and right from Ozone Hole Skin Cancer. Even if it isn't true, that still means >1 person believes it to be. That makes you their enemy if you disbelieve it. So beware.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Here's a very good article on the ozone issues. I really liked this guy's work because he went in as a skeptic thinking it was all a hoax. He discovered that it wasn't, as far as they went. Pretty much he realized that everyone was full of shit. It's been a while since I read his article, so I reread it. One part leaped out at me:
Global ozone levels have not been responding in the way the CFC “depletion” theory suggests. To make their case, environmentalists and government scientists have been shamelessly distorting the data — for example, measuring “declining trends” in ozone by arbitrarily picking out years with unusually high ozone levels, and using those as the “base years” for comparisons. But ozone levels constantly, naturally fluctuate, especially during the 11- year “solar cycle.” Not surprisingly, even an average ozone year looks like “depletion” when measured against a peak year in the ozone cycle.
It's pretty much what Gordo has been saying they've been doing with the temperature data.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Post by Vince »

Around here that would cause mountains of chicken shit to build up from the chicken farmers that currently are being spread in crop fields. Smells like... well... shit when they do it, but the farmers time it to spread one or two days before a good rain is in the forecast. Aside from that, they also spread lime.

Another reason I don't see this going anywhere, they currently use computers to nail down within two or three square foot how much fertilizer is needed. The equipment spreads fertilizer at various rates across the field as needed per the soil analysis. Not many farmers spread it just willy nilly anymore. Not sure how targeted it can be with fungi.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Not sure how targeted it can be with fungi.
We should probably allow the process to be tested to see if they too can get it down to a science.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: Not sure how targeted it can be with fungi.
We should probably allow the process to be tested to see if they too can get it down to a science.
Sure, I just don't see it going anywhere. Maybe they can prove me wrong.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Dude in Canada tries to get gasoline leafblowers banned in his hometown, cuz they are terrible for the environment. So, of course, he gets death threats
TIL: Relative to their size, leaf-blowers are among the most polluting machines ever invented. 1/3 of their fuel is released into the air unburned, as an aerosol; and the amount of pollutants released from running one for 30 minutes is equivalent to that of an F-150 driving from Texas to Alaska.
I decided to start my first petition and put it up on Facebook. I added it to one of the 'Buy and Sell' groups for Saskatoon, and little did I know I was about to be destroyed.

Immediately comments began to flood my inbox, and the amount of hate I was receiving was ASTONISHING! I also began to get messages suggesting I kill myself. Racist comments were many, and the petition had only reached about 10 signatures. People were sending me videos of them using their leaf blowers on absolutely nothing just to rub it in my face, and mentioning things like their "1 ton diesel' trucks and even calling me "diaper head". Someone also suggested I inhale the exhaust fumes :/

Damn, I didn't realize that trying to help make for a cleaner city would elicit such a response. All I was suggesting was to switch to electric blowers. I'm probably going to just step back from this one. I've turned off comments as it's already over 100+ and incoming, and literally all of them are hateful.

Some of the comments:

https://imgur.com/a/8qiknSh
https://imgur.com/a/ZfDqmmO
https://imgur.com/a/o33Wsnp
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I saw that yesterday. I didn't ask him, but I'm curious where he got the data about a third of a half gallon of leafblower gas being being "aerosoled," which I don't quite believe, being equal to an F-150 burning 60 gallons of gas driving for 12 hours, which I also don't quite believe. But I'm willing to consider data.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Also "death threats" is a pretty dramatic way of saying someone told him to go kill himself. If someone had actually death threated him, it would have been screenshotted.