Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Vince »

How Asthma Inhalers Are Choking the Planet
The researcher compared the greenhouse gas emissions of aerosol pumps—known as metered dose inhalers (MDI)—with dry powder inhalers (DPI), which are shaped something like a hockey puck and are activated simply by inhaling.
Yes, let's limit the patient with degraded lung function to only using the life saving medicine that is activated by lung function.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Yeah, in my snowblower it was clogged somewhere after.the tank. Primer button was just sucking air.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: At Hyatt hotels you'll soon be able to put other guests' jizz in your hair in the name of saving the environment.
I've been to two hotels that have these:
1) They are locked to make it harder to load your jizz.
2) They were too high for my 8 yo daughter to use.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: No idea on the legitimacy of this site, but Greenpeace founder calls Global Warming a "fear campaign"
That Moore guy has been on that track for a while. He was one of the solar activity fans back before that was debunked, too.

Don't know if you remember we he had this brilliant moment:
During March 2015 in an interview by French investigative journalist Paul Moreira, which was first broadcast on French television station Canal+ in September 2014, Moore was asked about the safety of the herbicide glyphosate. Moore told Paul Moreira that one "could drink a whole quart of it" without any harm. When Moore was challenged to drink a glass of the weedkiller, he refused, saying "I'm not an idiot" and "I'm not stupid" before ending the interview.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Stu Burguire (co-host with Glenn Beck) drank some for his Wonderful World of Stu show. I would have to see his actual quote on drinking a whole quart of it. Stu breaks down the numbers and shows it's not that toxic. He later said that the concoction he drank was legit the worst thing he's ever tasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8sgEhpHM4k
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Hey look, this opinion piece from scuba diving magazine says banning straws in Ohio makes more problems than it solves. Hmmm, I can't recall who I remember saying that for years, now.

https://www.scubadiving.com/sunscreen-straw-ban-issues
However, when that small chunk of the problem is wrongly treated as the biggest threat or the only threat, well-intentioned activists can do more harm than good.
"Every little bit" does NOT help.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

https://youtu.be/WiNbOjZzFDk

That article does not say what you're implying it says.

It suggests that people thinking a straw ban fixes the environment COULD possibly then ignore the bigger picture. Something I don't disagree with, but that's a far cry from "makes more problems than it solves".

It also does nothing to prove "every little bit does not help."
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Ok boomer.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Students rush to field at Harvard-Yale delaying the game to protest climate change.

Ok Gordon and Vince, it's been proven, every little bit doesn't help.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Check and mate.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: Students rush to field at Harvard-Yale delaying the game to protest climate change.

Ok Gordon and Vince, it's been proven, every little bit doesn't help.
I'm so torn watching this. Ruining the entertainment of average joe isn't endearing anyone to there cause. I keep thinking about the idiot in Britain that got yanked off the train and pummeled. I'm sure the athletics departments of these schools aren't thrilled. Take it up with the professors that are turning out brain damaged cultists SJW's. So don't feel bad for the schools.

Coldplay announced they will no longer tour until their shows are environmentally sustainable. At this rate they're pretty much encouraging Americans to side with climate change.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Ruining the entertainment of average joe isn't endearing anyone to there cause
It was the Harvard Yale game.
Vince

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote:
Ruining the entertainment of average joe isn't endearing anyone to there cause
It was the Harvard Yale game.
Point.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Coldplay announced they will no longer tour until their shows are environmentally sustainable.
I heard their fan was PISSED!
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Completely fucked up.

46% of ocean waste is discarded fishing nets.

https://www.seashepherdglobal.org/lates ... hing-gear/

The huge majority of the other 54% comes from places other than N. America. I'm going to definitively say Ohio had nothing to do with it.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote:
Completely fucked up.

46% of ocean waste is discarded fishing nets.

https://www.seashepherdglobal.org/lates ... hing-gear/

The huge majority of the other 54% comes from places other than N. America. I'm going to definitively say Ohio had nothing to do with it.
I disagree with none of that. Still won't be tossing any plastic bottles into the lake.