Climate Change (fka man-made global warming)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Oceans are warming at the same rate as 5 Hiroshima nukes dropped every second.

What hurts the fight against climate change more: apathy, scandals involved altered data, governments protecting their own economies, or hyperbole?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: or hyperbole?
But, it's not hyperbole. It's science. She did the math.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: or hyperbole?
But, it's not hyperbole. It's science. She did the math.
Drop 5 nukes into the same spot in the ocean every second for 24 hours and let me know what you get.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Drop 5 nukes into the same spot in the ocean every second for 24 hours and let me know what you get.
That's not what she said. You're the reason we don't have good science headlines.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Drop 5 nukes into the same spot in the ocean every second for 24 hours and let me know what you get.
That's not what she said. You're the reason we don't have good science headlines.
You have that backwards. I know that's not what she said, but that's what that bad headline implies.

That bad headline is why people scoff at climate change problems. That's why people don't quote the science, just Al Gore's random quotes about how doomed we are.

The MSM is very, very aware that most people read just the headline, and the longer an article goes, the fewer people are reading that far. Thus, it's their fault the headline comes off as hyperbole.

And if I'm being completely honest, climate change is YOUR fault.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

To the media a saucy headline is a click, and a click is ad revenue.

Anyone who participates in that system is an accomplice to the spread of propaganda and misinformation. Nice job, Goebbels
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Out of curiosity, if we're using "Hiroshima bombs" as a unit of measure, how many HB's worth of energy is absorbed by oceans, daily, because the sun is in the sky?

I need context.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Here's an environment story we can all support.

CA officials pissed at "church" of scientology.

They opened a new church and released hundreds of balloons. That's a lot of plastic being used for nothing more than a few seconds of spectacle. It really is pointless.

The "church" has apologized.

New idea to help the environment: Take all the people who still buy into scientology, stick them into a rocket, and shoot it into the sun.
Cakedaddy

More proof "environmentalists" are fill of shit

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: stick them into a rocket, and shoot it into the sun
That's probably an actual part of their history/future.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Crystal Geyser polluting and then polluting again.

Stop with the weak ass fines against corporations and start levying criminal charges against executives along with personal fines. That'll stop shit like this really quickly.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

Read a sci-fi book once that posited as soon as the Green Party got in power and outlawed all pollution, the air was suddenly so clear, no more CO2, no more particulates, that it triggered a new ice age within a decade. Canada was under a mile of ice and the glaciers were pushing through Minnesota.

Is that what we really want???
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Bullshit. I looked outside and couldn't see them.
GORDON wrote: Read a sci-fi book once that posited as soon as the Green Party got in power and outlawed all pollution, the air was suddenly so clear, no more CO2, no more particulates, that it triggered a new ice age within a decade. Canada was under a mile of ice and the glaciers were pushing through Minnesota.

Is that what we really want???
Maybe? It's really hot in summer down here.
GORDON
Site Admin

More proof

Post by GORDON »

I lean the other way. I want NC weather in Ohio.

Anybody have any old tires they need me to burn in my backyard?
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

Largest ever ozone hole opened this spring and then closed.

Key detail: Man had nothing to do with its formation or closure.

I swear, back in the day, we were told holes in the ozone layer weren't naturally occurring.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I swear, back in the day, we were told holes in the ozone layer weren't naturally occurring.
I remember people discussing the Antarctic ozone holes being man-made. I have no memory of anyone talking about them over the Arctic. Cuz I remember they would get large over Patagonia, etc. in South America.
Unlike the hole that developed over the Arctic, the Antarctic ozone hole in the Southern Hemisphere is typically caused by chemicals such as chlorine and bromine migrating into the stratosphere. This has caused an ozone hole to develop in the Antarctic annually for the last 35 years.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Alright, you've convinced me; We should nuke China.
Leisher
Site Admin

More proof

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
I wasn't saying that...but we should totally do that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

More proof

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
I wasn't saying that...but we should totally do that.
Oh, you convinced me :)