Baltimore

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Full scale riots.
“Too many people have spent generations building up this city for it to be destroyed by thugs who, in a very senseless way, are trying to tear down what so many have fought for, tearing down businesses, tearing down or destroying property,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s idiotic to think that by destroying your city, you’re going to make life better for anybody.

Emphasis mine.

You know, the guy or gal that's going to cure cancer or end war isn't in the crowd burning down homes or looting businesses. Wouldn't it be wise to remove these jackasses from the gene pool?

“This is not what my family asked for. This is not justice. This is just people finding a way to steal stuff,” said Carron Morgan, an 18-year-old cousin of Gray.

“It’s a waste of millions of dollars. I don’t see how this is making a statement at all.”

Remember how Ghandi and Martin Luthor King Jr. led those big riots to enact change? Oh wait...

Edited By Leisher on 1430225538
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hippies always say that the best way to improve society is to "eat the rich" or whatever... redistribute the wealth.

How about instead of removing the wealth creators, we just remove those who will do nothing but take their entire lives?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Post by Vince »

Feels like a shift is happening in coverage of these things as well. Ferguson had the media and the family of Mike the gentle giant thug pouring fuel on the fire. Seems like the family here and I know the one that was shot in the back by the cop have really been doing better. Of course, I think the Ferguson family pretty much knew their son was a thug and was probably to blame for his own death.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

One baseball game cancelled already. Ravens just axed their draft party.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Mayor took 3 hours to call in Nat'l Guard. Hell, the Baltimore cops could have beaten half a dozen suspects to death in that amount of time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Bishop Jackson slams Rev. Sharpton.

He's right about Sharpton. The guy's a race baiting hate monger.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cops STILL won't release details to the public, presumably so they can make a deal with the prosecutor first.
The Baltimore Police Department, acting a day ahead of schedule, turned over to the state's attorney Thursday its investigative findings into the death of Freddie Gray, but will not immediately release the material to the public, Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said.

He said 30 officers worked around the clock to complete its work because of his "sense of urgency" regarding the case.

It took 30 officers working 24 hours a day over two weeks to figure this shit out?

And now life gets fun.
The latest development comes amid a disputed allegation that a prisoner sharing a police van with Gray, who died of spinal injuries while in police custody, heard him intentionally trying to injure himself.

Those who believe Gray was injured while being transported point to a history of so-called “rough rides” by Baltimore police.

Rough rides are unsanctioned techniques that have apparently been used to injure prisoners, according to a variety of lawsuits. Since 2004, two residents — Dondi Johnson and Jeffrey Alston — have been awarded millions of dollars after being paralyzed from a police van ride.

Paralyzed, you say? Perhaps by spinal trauma?

Police have stated that Gray was not buckled in during the ride.

The hell, you say.

Police had said previously that the van made three stops with Gray inside — and revealed a fourth had been made on Thursday. At the first stop, he was placed in leg irons, according to police. A second stop was made “to deal with Mr. Gray.” A third stop was made to add a second prisoner, during which Gray was found on the floor of the van and was asking for medical assistance, one officer said. What happened during the fourth stop that police revealed on Thursday is, like the circumstances of Gray’s injury, a mystery.

Sounds totally on the up and up.

Edited By Malcolm on 1430414345
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince

Post by Vince »

I like those
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Me too.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

About motherfucking time.
She said her probe found the police officers, part of a bike patrol led by Rice, made eye contact with Gray, who has a rap sheet that includes several drug arrests. Gray ran from police, prompting the officers to chase after him, Mosby said.

THE FUCK? He ran from the cops, so that's enough reason to chase him? Yep, got to keep those drug offenders off the streets.

An explosive report Wednesday night in the Washington Post cited a fellow passenger's account in a police affidavit that said Gray was thrashing around in an effort to injure himself, although that witness went on the city's CBS affiliate to say his words were taken out of context and that he now fears for his life after his statement was used to bolster the police version of events.

Thanks, cops.

The Baltimore police officers union issued a statement before Mosby's announcement, saying the six officers are not responsible for Gray's death.

"As tragic as this situation is, none of the officers involved are responsible for the death of Mr. Gray," Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 3 President Gene Ryan said in a statement. "To the contrary, at all times, each of the officers diligently balanced their obligations to protect Mr. Gray and discharge their duties to protect the public."

Fucking lying, asshole pigs protecting other fucking, lying asshole pigs who won't even entertain the notion they did anything close to wrong. I hope all six of these sick fucks are executed in public.

Semi-related. DoJ announces $20M for new, "Oh shit, my camera must have malfunctioned," initiative.

Edited By Malcolm on 1430500187
Vince

Post by Vince »

More and more I'm finding myself unable to care a while lot about this stuff. Out of control police fighting with an out of control mob.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Baltimore's finest:
OFFICER CAESAR R. GOODSON Jr. -- Driver of the van
• Second-degree depraved heart murder, 30 years
• Involuntary manslaughter, 10 years
• Second-degree assault, 10 years
• Gross negligent manslaughter by vehicle, 10 years
• Criminal negligent manslaughter, 3 years
• Misconduct in office

OFFICER WILLIAM G. PORTER
• Misconduct in office

LT. BRIAN W. RICE
• 2 counts of second-degree assault, 10 years each
• 2 counts of misconduct in office
• False imprisonment

OFFICER EDWARD M. NERO
• 2 counts of second-degree assault, 10 years
• False imprisonment

OFFICER GARRETT E. MILLER
• 2 counts of second-degree assault, 10 years each
• False imprisonment

SGT. ALICIA D. WHITE
• Misconduct in office

All of them described as "officers who diligently balanced their obligations to protect Mr. Gray and discharge their duties to protect the public." Guess protecting the public involves beating the shit out of people in chains. They also appear to have conveniently pinned the second-degree murder charge on one dude. Number of cops reacting with horror, disdain, and disgust: 0.

Edited By Malcolm on 1430509118
Vince

Post by Vince »

Eh... I'll reserve my disdain until the trial. At this point it seems more like these charges were brought to stop the burning and looting than anything else.