Baltimore

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vince wrote:Eh... I'll reserve my disdain until the trial. At this point it seems more like these charges were brought to stop the burning and looting than anything else.
They wouldn't have waited 2 plus weeks then.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Eh... I'll reserve my disdain until the trial. At this point it seems more like these charges were brought to stop the burning and looting than anything else.

That's like pretending "Innocent until proven guilty" is an actual thing.

Jon Stewart on MSM coverage of Baltimore. Pretty funny.

Interesting he didn't mention FOX. Probably because they were covering it...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

Malcolm wrote:
Vince wrote:Eh... I'll reserve my disdain until the trial. At this point it seems more like these charges were brought to stop the burning and looting than anything else.
They wouldn't have waited 2 plus weeks then.
I missed the burning and looting two weeks ago.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:That's like pretending "Innocent until proven guilty" is an actual thing.

I'm waiting with baited breath to hear how half a dozen cops plus one <s>dude who decided to get the fuck away from the people about to murder him</s> "suspect" get into a van with the dude restrained, the dude ends up with a spine about 70-80% severed, and the lot of them aren't corrupt and lying as hell. Hope the other five are sending Caesar R. Goodson, Jr. a fruit basket for falling on the grenade.

If this was a "shots rang out in a dark alleyway" kind of thing, I'd have more doubt. They've been caught doing this shit before and had a couple guys end up paralyzed. They finally got double unlucky: (i) dude died, (ii) they got caught. I wonder how many times they weren't caught.

Edited By Malcolm on 1430515043
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Vince

Post by Vince »

I worked w/ a guy that had a seizure in a bathroom in a restaurant and fell against the sink and hit his head just right and broke his neck.

Another guy I went to high school with was in a car wreck and hit a tree. Someone got to him and he was awake and alert and turned his head to face the guy checking on him and severed his spinal cord (his neck was broken, but spinal cord intact to that point).

Happens a lot. Looking more like the officers are in trouble for not strapping him in.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Looking more like the officers are in trouble for not strapping him in.

That's the point. It's called a "rough ride." They don't belt you, but you're cuffed and\or shackled. Then they accelerate, turn, and break as quickly as they can so anyone not braced gets tossed around like an amusement park ride. It's intended to give the pigs an excuse when someone shows up to the station bruised and bloodied. I'm still waiting to hear what this dude did besides run from the cops. Last I checked, doing that plus being black isn't a crime. Then again, if driving while black gets you pulled over in a few places, running wasn't far behind. Hell, if I saw six cops pull up to me on patrol, I'd treat it the same as six gang members walking up to me.

I happen to notice a "false arrest" charge on each of the six manslaughtering motherfuckers. Implies they had no reason whatsoever to detain him, let alone arrest and take him to the station.

I worked w/ a guy that had a seizure in a bathroom in a restaurant and fell against the sink and hit his head just right and broke his neck.

If you replace "seizure" with "a fuckton of liquor," something similar happened to my buddy in Vegas. Cut his head on the toilet paper dispenser. ER gave him eleven staples. I don't deny your neck is a delicate thing that's prone to breakage under stress. Which is why people with your health in mind don't intentionally put you in situations where it could be injured. Every single one of those six assholes knew what was going on. Maybe if any one of them had a pair of balls, they'd have stood up and tried to stop things before someone's spine got snapped. But no, all I hear is the same old bullshit from them and all the assholes who have their back. "It was by the book." Shove the book up your ass.

What every cop says every time a suspect ends up dead in police custody:

Edited By Malcolm on 1430516625
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Slightly more.
The officers-- three white, three black--range in age from 25 to 45. Four are officers and two are supervisors. They have been members of the Baltimore police force from three to 17 years.

All were taken into custody Friday and released on bail.

A police union lawyer Michael Davey said the officers have done nothing wrong.

Yeah, no systemic problems here.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Vince wrote:More and more I'm finding myself unable to care a while lot about this stuff. Out of control police fighting with an out of control mob.
Exactly. Fuck Everybody.

https://youtu.be/DavdKjepuQg?t=1m5s
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Cops arrest, threaten, and point gun at the dude who video'd Gray's arrest.
The same day as Moore's arrest, medical examiners reported Gray sustained more injuries as a result of him slamming into the inside of the transport van, "apparently breaking his neck; a head injury he sustained matches a bolt in the back of the van".

Wow. Like they just tossed him in a van and intentionally drove around to hurt him.

On April 24, 2015, Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said, "We know our police employees failed to get him medical attention in a timely manner multiple times." Batts also acknowledged police did not follow procedure when they failed to buckle Gray in the van while he was being transported to the police station.

Yep, these pigs did absolutely nothing wrong.

"As tragic as this situation is, none of the officers involved are responsible for the death of Mr. Gray," Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 3 President Gene Ryan said in a statement. "To the contrary, at all times, each of the officers diligently balanced their obligations to protect Mr. Gray and discharge their duties to protect the public."

Amazing, President Pig Gene Ryan, that the commish pig indicates your lying, asshole brothers in blue did more than couple things wrong.

Edited By Malcolm on 1430756523
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Turns out at least one cop had a history of mental issues and other emergency personnel filed a complaint against him.
Brian Rice, who pursued and arrested Gray after the 25-year-old “caught his eye” on 12 April, was reportedly given an administrative suspension after being hospitalised for a mental health evaluation when he warned he was preparing to shoot himself in April 2012.

Catching a cop's eye is now grounds for being arrested and beaten to death.

A sharply critical 10-page complaint against Rice, which Andrew McAleer filed to a court in Maryland in January 2013, is being published in full for the first time by the Guardian. It details what McAleer, a Baltimore firefighter, described as a “pattern of intimidation and violence” by the officer.
McAleer said that two months before this, in April 2012, his wife called to tell him to protect himself and her five children from Rice because the lieutenant had called her threatening to kill himself.
McAleer alleged Rice was screaming and smelled of alcohol during the 2am confrontation in front of McAleer’s house. He said his wife later said Rice had told her he planned to kill McAleer during the June 2012 encounter.

This is totally a dude that should be given a gun and be in charge of who gets chased, cuffed, and bloodied.

Edited By Malcolm on 1430930876
Vince

Post by Vince »

Word now is that dude had a switchblade. Police attorneys asking for it to be released as evidence. Will go to the question of "How much of this is the justice system and how much is crowd/riot control"
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vince wrote:Word now is that dude had a switchblade. Police attorneys asking for it to be released as evidence. Will go to the question of "How much of this is the justice system and how much is crowd/riot control"
while the prosecutor said that Gray's arrest was unlawful and described the "switchblade" the arresting officers found as a spring-assisted pocket knife that is legal under Maryland state law, the police task force said the knife was a violation of the Baltimore code under which Gray was charged.

Additionally, he wasn't brandishing the blade at anyone. The cops still chased and detained him simply because he ran from them. Since the cops and the Crips seem to care equally about citizen safety, I'd have to argue Fred was taking the correct course of action in trying to remove himself from the area with utmost haste. People hanging around cops tend to end up injured or dead. Unless the cops had their predator-prey response triggered, they had zero reason to arrest him. I'd expect cops to behave better than animals in that respect, but I'm probably reaching on that hope.

Edited By Malcolm on 1430934642
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Baltimore Pig Department may be under federal investigation.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Nah. Minority woman mayor. If it is going to reflect on her, it won't happen.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Vince wrote:Nah. Minority woman mayor. If it is going to reflect on her, it won't happen.
I bet it will.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Malcolm wrote:Baltimore Pig Department may be under federal investigation.
Pigs ARE under federal investigation, at the mayor's request. This is the sixth time in sixteen years the feds have felt the need to check in on locals. The fourth time in the past two years.
Vince

Post by Vince »

I think a couple of those charges are going to get tossed. The knife question is still up in the air. Prosecutor says it's legal in the state, but police say it's illegal in the city.

No way in hell that murder charge is going to stand. Manslaughter or something of that nature you can make a case for, but no way a murder charge is going to stick.

Still say the charges coming as fast as they did is more in relation to the riots. Now if they have a video like the one of the cops shooting the suspect in the back, I can see the charges coming that fast. But this is mostly theater. If I'm right, you'll be able to tell by what they get formally charged with when they are in court.

Edited By Vince on 1431267102
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

He died as a direct result of their being uncaring assholes.
In United States law, depraved-heart murder, also known as depraved-indifference murder, is an action where a defendant acts with a "depraved indifference" to human life and where such act results in a death. In a depraved-heart murder a defendant commits an act even though they know their act runs an unusually high risk of causing death or serious bodily harm to someone else. If the risk of death or bodily harm is great enough, ignoring it demonstrates a "depraved indifference" to human life and the resulting death is considered to have been committed with malice aforethought.

I'd say putting a guy in the same scenario that led to others being paralyzed due to spinal injuries qualifies as "serious bodily harm." All six of them should be charged with that. How the fuck does a restrained and chained dude get into a van with half a dozen other unrestrained people and wind up dead in such a manner? Was he a kung fu master that could do spinning Bruce Lee sidekicks while hopping on both feet?

The knife question is still up in the air. Prosecutor says it's legal in the state, but police say it's illegal in the city.

If he was flicking it around the cops, they'd have a reason to stop him. As it is, they found it after they pursued and arrested him with no legal basis.

Edited By Malcolm on 1431276004
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Baltimore's own records show that ...
corrections officers refused to admit over 2,600 detainees to the state-run Baltimore City Detention Center. The records showed that 123 of the detainees who weren't admitted to jail had visible head injuries, the third-most common ailment cited by jail officials. Others had broken bones, facial trauma and high blood pressure.

Gee, looks like the pigs in Charm City have been doing this shit for quite some time.

The paper reported in September 2014 that the city has paid out almost $6 million in court judgments and settlements in response to over 100 lawsuits filed since 2011.

Baltimore cops: beating the shit out of wrongly arrested suspects in the name of justice since 2011.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Why possession of illegal knife is bullshit.
Former federal prosecutor and defense attorney Bill Thomas in Atlanta said it's common for police to stop people first and then attempt to develop probable cause for crimes. Thomas said Gray probably was in the wrong place at the wrong time. "He ran. Cops chased him and when they caught him he had to take a charge on the knife. Happens every day," Thomas said.

Oh, also...
Baltimore's top prosecutor, Marilyn Mosby, has said the knife in Gray's case is considered legal.
Baltimore police have argued that Gray's knife was illegal inside city limits. One of the officers' lawyers says the knife may have been illegal under state law as well.

Doug Ritter, founder and chair of Knife Rights Inc., said most knife experts would disagree that Gray's knife was illegal, even under Baltimore law, but there's no single definition. "It's ridiculous that someone traveling through a metropolitan area can go through a dozen city lines crossing a metropolitan lines and have to deal with a half a dozen law regarding the knife in his pocket," Ritter said.

Knife right groups are fighting for state pre-emption knife laws, which would stop towns, cities and counties from enacting knife laws different from what has been approved by the state. Currently, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Kansas, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Utah have state knife pre-emption laws. Colorado, New Mexico, South Dakota and Wyoming also have laws that prevent local jurisdictions from going beyond state knife laws, Billeb said.