Things posted by people I know on FB

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

OK, this is kinda the opposite of what this thread is normally about...
I'm sick of these libs telling me I can't say "Happy Honda Days" because I might offend someone who celebrates Toyotathon. So, I guess I'm supposed to wish everyone a "Happy Winter Car Sale"?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I like that a lot.

Does the person mind if it gets stolen and posted elsewhere?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I like that a lot.

Does the person mind if it gets stolen and posted elsewhere?
Here's the original, he's apparently a professional writer:
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A crazy right wing uncle posted this today:
last nite on the news,,the reporter said that the world had been attack with meters,,,my thought was who in the hell has meteors in their arsenals.
I responded with: "The bugs on Klendathu."

I don't think he can see or even hear that as it's so far over his head.

A cousin got it though, and responded: "The only good bug is a dead bug."
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say KILL EM ALL!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A friend posted this today. I don't think it's copied from anywhere, so kudos to him.
What happened in South Florida was tragic, and I pray for all victims and their families. However, the stupid, idiotic, and false statements from some on my timeline simply dictates a scathing response from me. I apologize in advance, buckle up.
1. If you think AR stands for assault rifle and not ArmaLite, the company from the 1950s who first manufactured the weapon style, you are an idiot.
2. If you think that AR 15s and similar style weapons are automatic and not semi-automatic, you are an idiot. Semi-automatic means one squeeze of the trigger, one round down range. Automatic means squeeze the trigger and multiple rounds or bursts go down range. Citizens cannot buy automatic weapons. Some select dealers can.
3. If you look at the pictures below, knowing that they are the same type of weapon, yet one appear scarier and you want to ban it, you are an idiot.
4. If you truly believe that banning all guns will make society safer, then you are an idiot. Bad guys will always get guns. Always have, always will.
5. If you think our forefathers' purpose for creating the Second Amendment was about allowing someone to deer hunt instead of a deliberate way to keep a tyrannical government from exercising total control over free American citizens, then you are an idiot. A well-armed citizenry is the ultimate deterrent. Our forefathers were truly brilliant in this regard.
6. If you think gun free zones deter criminals, you are an idiot. They rarely stop to read signs.
7. If you did not know the term "assault weapons" was coined by the anti-gun folks back in 1989 for purely political purposes to ultimately ban guns, then shame on you. You're an idiot. Guns are inanimate objects and have no intent of assault. You could easily put the term "defensive" or "sporting" in front of the word "weapon" and the whole meaning changes, doesn't it? Of course, that would not fit the liberal narrative, would it? Think.
8. Finally, if you think that by banning guns, you will keep your family safer at home, then you are an idiot. You certainly have a right not to protect your own family and rely on the police to get there minutes too late, but you will never stop me from protecting mine. I will always protect my family and the innocent, wherever and whenever I have to, and twice on Sundays.

I expect to lose a few on my friends list over this, but frankly, I don't much care. Obviously, we don't see eye-to-eye on a key fundamental right guaranteed to us by the US Constitution and as a result, I find your view quite dangerous to me and my liberty.

In closing, let me offer this. If you want to find someone or something to blame for this horrific tragedy, perhaps you should start with the school district. Classic warning signs were truly everywhere regarding this kid's potential to do evil. And I mean everywhere.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Noice.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

My anecdotal impression is that these things didn't use to happen (I would say we could look at the data but good luck finding data: all the anti-gun datasets include gang fights at in the parking lot at historically black college football games as "school shootings").

Anyway, assume it's true that these things didn't happen before, say, the 1960s (pick a date; hell, pick Charles Whitman). What was different before and after your date? I'll tell you this: it was NOT harder to get the weapons.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

If you want to go down the rabbit hole on this:
http://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/

Lots of stuff about MK Ultra and the Deep State. Not saying he's right....but I understand.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

thibodeaux wrote: What was different before and after your date? I'll tell you this: it was NOT harder to get the weapons.
Exactly.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

stupid things posted by people i know on facebook now search will work
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Lol I've done that with gmails also
Troy

Post by Troy »

thibodeaux wrote: Lots of stuff about MK Ultra and the Deep State. Not saying he's right....but I understand.
I do NOT understand. The first two actual paragraphs sound like someone who has a paranoia based mental disorder. I stopped - the rabbit hole made my brain start hurting.

"Hold my bong while I write this blog post"
TheCatt
Site Admin

Things posted by people I know on Facebook idiots stupid people

Post by TheCatt »

So this showed up in my feed today. And, not sarcastically.

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That's pretty funny.

There are some legit complaints about farm-raised fish, but that aint one of them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I truly think most memes are the result of guys sitting around thinking, "Let's see what else morons will believe."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I truly think most memes are the result of guys sitting around thinking, "Let's see what else morons will believe."
I went to the source from which she had shared it. I cannot explicitly recall what it was, but I'm think it may have been ant antivaccine place
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

In response to a Fox News piece about FB censoring conservatives...
Been here, done that! Facebook has warned me for using the word "nigga".
When I directed them to the studio album ' Nigga Please ' by Ol' Dirty Bastard things became silent. So when anyone tells me that using the 'N' word is racist, my response, " Nigga Please "
This person is referring to posts where they were using "nigga" and not in rap lyrics. If I was a gambling man, I'd say this person has never even listened to rap music.

Is there an age we reach when decorum and logic just exit the building?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

OK, I don't know this person, but it's in a keto FB group I'm in.
Doing everything right but still having trouble losing weight? It might be EMF exposure. Radiation from WIFI, cell phones, etc. Anne Louise Gittleman Nutritionist. WITH 5G coming this will be even more IMPORTANT.

Interesting video seminar. Free until 10am tomorrow. https://emfhealthsummit.com/…/ann-louis ... n-phd-cns/

She says oils helps cell membrane health. The membranes take in nutrients and take out wastes. 17:15 in video starts best part. They tie oils to effective use of water by the body.

She says COFFEE is 2nd most important food to protect against EMF radiation. But it must be MOLD FREE and without pesticides. Recommends PURITY brand... coffee is highest mold exposure in US. Medium roast not dark.

She talks about hemp seed oil and olive oil. They have a PDF Eat to Beat EMF. She says EMFs are related to Cortisol connection and weight loss.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

We all really need lowered ethics so we could start selling bullshit like that.