alabama law

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Want to run an abortion clinic? Cool, we're going to apply some of the same rules to you and your biz that we apply to pedos.
SB 205, sponsored by state Sen. Paul Sanford (R-Huntsville), would prohibit the Alabama Department of Public Health from issuing or renewing a health center license to an abortion clinic or reproductive health center located within 2,000 feet of a public school, regulating abortion clinics in the same manner as registered sex offenders....
Sanford told the Times Daily that the legislation is not intended to limit the number of clinics that provide abortion services in the state, but he does not think clinics should be located across the street from a school “because they do tend to cause a certain amount of commotion on a regular basis.”

I think that last sentence stands on its own merit.

“We can put a restriction on whether a liquor store opens up across the street and make sure pedophiles stay away from schools,” Sanford said. “I just think having an abortion clinic that close to elementary-age school children that actually have to walk on the sidewalk past it is not the best thing.”

As does that one. I hear cars kill lots of children, and so do adults. We should ban them from schools, too.

Then there's this gem:
Rep. Kerry Rich (R-Guntersville) introduced HB 183, which would require physicians to provide a pregnant person seeking abortion with information, including a sonogram, showing the entire fetus and specific information regarding the fetus.

Under state law, a physician must provide a pregnant person with an ultrasound before performing an abortion, and give the patient the option of viewing the ultrasound image.

Because nothing says "conservative" like "fuck you, I'll tell your doctor how he runs his shit." I'll support this if all the straight people in Alabama have to look at explicit pictures of gay sex provided by their pastors before they get married ... you know, just to be sure they aren't making a mistake.

Edited By Malcolm on 1456424663
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."