The OFF-DUTY MARINES ARE BADASSES thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Flawless.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

He will be missed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Saturday Night Joke
A Marine squad was marching north of Fallujah when they came upon an Iraqi terrorist who was badly injured and unconscious. On the opposite side of the road was an American Marine in a similar but less serious state. The Marine was conscious and alert and as first aid was given to both men, the Squad Leader asked the injured Marine what had happened.

The Marine reported, "I was heavily armed and moving north along the highway here, and coming south was a heavily armed insurgent. We saw each other and both took cover in the ditches along the road. I yelled to him that Saddam Hussein was a miserable, lowlife scum bag who got what he deserved.”

He yelled back, "Barack Obama is a lying, good-for-nothing, left wing Commie who isn't even an American.

So I said, "Osama Bin Laden dresses and acts like a frigid, mean-spirited lesbian!

He retaliated by yelling, "Oh yeah? Well, so does Nancy Pelosi!”

And, there we were, in the middle of the road, shaking hands, when a truck hit us.
Vince

Post by Vince »

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

That made me laugh.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

16 Marines arrested for human smuggling and drugs.

Sorry, didn't know where else to stick this story.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 16 Marines arrested for human smuggling and drugs.

Sorry, didn't know where else to stick this story.
I saw that story, and was like, "Hmmm, totally not posting that in the bad ass thread" :P
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You'd be surprised how many US Marines are actually non-Americans from latin american countries. The USMC is absolutely infiltrated by bad actors.

16 in a single unit is pretty bad, though.
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: You'd be surprised how many US Marines are actually non-Americans from latin american countries. The USMC is absolutely infiltrated by bad actors.

16 in a single unit is pretty bad, though.
I've read a lot of gang members enter for the weapons and tactical training.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I like seeing the black people in that Twitter feed arguing back and forth about her antics. If a white person interjected themselves, they'd be called "racist" immediately. Not sure how I feel about her dance march.

On one hand, she earned the right to do that little celebration and have some fun on the way out.

On the other, I absolutely get the people saying it's disrespectful to the uniform and even her.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: On one hand, she earned the right to do that little celebration and have some fun on the way out.
I lean this way.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I was somewhat disrespectful on my last day.

But I was also out of uniform at the time.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

We need some off-duty Marines at the movie theatre:
https://movieweb.com/joker-movie-mass-s ... -military/
The United States military is warning American troops to be on the lookout for mass shooters at showings of the upcoming Todd Phillips movie Joker....The warning featured tips for how to survive a mass shooting, such as using the "run, hide, fight" strategy. "Run if you can," the notice reads. "If you're stuck, hide (also known as 'sheltering in place'), and stay quiet. If a shooter finds you, fight with whatever you can." An Army spokesman would later state that the warning was issued because they want their troops "to be prepared and diligent on personal safety both inside the workplace and out."
This is the US Army, not the French Army, in case you were wondering.
Vince

Post by Vince »

thibodeaux wrote: We need some off-duty Marines at the movie theatre:
https://movieweb.com/joker-movie-mass-s ... -military/
The United States military is warning American troops to be on the lookout for mass shooters at showings of the upcoming Todd Phillips movie Joker....The warning featured tips for how to survive a mass shooting, such as using the "run, hide, fight" strategy. "Run if you can," the notice reads. "If you're stuck, hide (also known as 'sheltering in place'), and stay quiet. If a shooter finds you, fight with whatever you can." An Army spokesman would later state that the warning was issued because they want their troops "to be prepared and diligent on personal safety both inside the workplace and out."
This is the US Army, not the French Army, in case you were wondering.
Good grief.

Last one out, get the lights!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Sigh.

If we ever have another "Charlie Inside the Wire" type of war, we're soooooo fucked.

https://popularmilitary.com/marine-corp ... parts-hair
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Close enough
A Colorado teen who helped tackle and disarm a gunman during a school shooting earlier this year has graduated Marine Corps boot camp, where he distinguished himself as platoon honor man.

Brendan Bialy, 18, was one of the students who subdued one of two shooters who entered STEM School Highlands Ranch, in a southern suburb of Denver, in May.

Last month, he crossed the parade deck at Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego as his training platoon’s guide. During training, he earned a meritorious promotion to private first class, a program for the ceremony says.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »