Kickstarter Projects

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've backed a few, was interested if other people had neat projects they were looking at, perhaps this could be a thread dump for them.

Anova Precision Cooker - Sous Vide cooking I've always wanted to try sous vide, so... why not try this?

PowerUp 3.0 - An engine for paper airplanes. I loved paper airplanes as a kid. Why not try to take it to the next level?

Cue This one technically isn't kickstarter, but it's a pre-order thing. Home health diagnostic testing. I've always been interested in doing home health, and used to track my sugar/cholesterol at home. Figured I've give this thing a shot. My wife has low vitamin D levels that run genetically in her family, and I'm somewhat curious about testosterone levels.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The home health thing.... arent those things heavily regulated?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Will Cue need FDA clearance before I receive it?

No. All pre-orders will receive their Cue before FDA clearance.

Currently, Cue is being pre-sold under an Investigational Device Exemption, which means we are able to get Cue into the hands of the customers who want it first. Customers who pre-order Cue will be invited to take part in a usability study and provide feedback and data to our company as an important part of Cue’s path to FDA approval.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Cute loophole, bit the FDA will only approve it if it won't cost the people who give political donations.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cue gets $7.5Million in funding.

And hopes to go to production mid-2015.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Still waiting for that Cue to deliver.......

Just like people waiting for this cooler
TheCatt
Site Admin

Kickstarter Projects

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Still waiting for that Cue to deliver.......

Just like people waiting for this cooler
They canceled, and are refunding... Backers will get a free device supposedly when they relaunch.

Well, better than one I did in 2014 for $95 that never did anything, appears to have folded.
Leisher
Site Admin

Kickstarter Projects

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”