Mormons excommunicating gays

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Those who have broken all ten commandments plus any other rules in the entirety of their scripture are still cool, though.
Some liberal Mormons expressed outrage online at the new policies. Jana Riess, a columnist with Religion News Service, said she was livid that children born to those living out of wedlock, as well as rapists and murderers, can be baptized and blessed, but not children of monogamous same-sex couples.

You can just feel the divine love emanating from the proclamation. By the way, the Mormons also used to believe dark-skinned folk weren't good enough to be priests because they had the "seed of Cain." Not my words, Brigham fucking Young's. Apparently, the only mistake the KKK made was not inventing their own bullshit religion based on a fraud who translated some mythical golden plates and his racist, fuck-happy (55 wives) successor.
In 1863, Young stated "Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot. This will always be so."
They didn't correct that until 1978. I repeat, most of you were alive when the Mormons still taught that interracial marriage and children meant nonnegotiable death.

Edited By Malcolm on 1446834187
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

BYU removes "homosexual behavior" from its honor code.

This is actually quite a big deal.

I wonder if God is changing his mind about gays like he did about black people in 1978?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Nice.

I tend to not ride the "pile on the Mormons" wagon, so this will help.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Nice.

I tend to not ride the "pile on the Mormons" wagon, so this will help.
The Book of Mormon was hilarious... Is that piling on?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Not in my opinion. The Mormons themselves seem to find it pretty funny.

Why?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: The Book of Mormon was hilarious...
Understatement. I have the soundtrack on my phone.
GORDON wrote: The Mormons themselves seem to find it pretty funny.

Why?
They were initially pissed, but then leaned into it hard. They stopped complaining, started praising, and advertised at every show. A brilliant piece of PR.

I truly wish Matt and Trey would do one on Scientology, but let's be honest, that would result in decades of lawsuits.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”