Toledo

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Cakedaddy

Toledo

Post by Cakedaddy »

GORDON wrote:
Leisher wrote: I want to note that the original weed was ripped out of the ground by teenagers a few days ago. They filmed themselves doing it, and thought they were just the coolest people in the world. (No, but seriously, teenagers might be worse than Nazis.)
I seriously wondered why that hadn't happened, yet. I didn't know it already had.

Did they get fucked over on social media?
I almost posted this question last night as well. Knew it was only a matter of time. My bet was that it wouldn't make it to Christmas.
Leisher
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by Leisher »

Go to the FB page that I posted earlier. Take a look at how the original weed being removed hasn't done shit to stop people from celebrating their Christmas spirit at the same spot.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by GORDON »

Doesn't mean those kids don't need a public thrashing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by GORDON »

4 Toledo city counsel members arrested by the FBI, this morning. No reason why aside from "bribery," yet.

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Four ... 62741.html

Here's my crazy, wild-ass guess: the last decade there have been several infrastructure projects with 3+ year timelines. This is horseshit, these projects should have been 6 months long, tops. I always suspected someone was getting paid off for an overblown budget and time multiple years of job security. So that's my guess, and I'm sure I'm wrong.
GORDON
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by GORDON »

Cuffed and stuffed, coo-coo-coo-coo.

https://www.wtol.com/article/news/local ... h-warrant/
GORDON
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by GORDON »

Scuttlebutt is "bribes from local business owners for favorable treatment in votes," so my guess is still alive.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by TheCatt »

Death penalty.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by Leisher »

I am SHOCKED!!!! Toledo is a Democrat stronghold and these people swap different elected jobs every few years, back and forth, back and forth. There's simply no way they're corrupt!

Did I even need to mark that statement with a sarcasm tag?

Toledo politicians are so corrupt one of the larger retailer chains, I forget who as this was 15 or so years ago, made a public statement about how they would love to come to Toledo, but they don't want to pay the city council their bribes.

If these four are dirty, and I'm 100% sure they are, then I guarantee all their cronies throughout the local government were fully aware and probably also in on it.
TheCatt wrote: Death penalty.
1000000% agree, and I'm not kidding even a little bit.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: 1000000% agree, and I'm not kidding even a little bit
I wasn't either.
GORDON
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by GORDON »

Small time bribery and payoffs. Probably added up, over the years.

https://go.tiffinohio.net/2020/06/four- ... on-scheme/

But I still say it doesn't take three fucking years to build a new bridge over train tracks. Someone's nephew is making a shitload of graft money. And that's just one of four projects I'm aware of in Toledo with 2+ year timeframes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by TheCatt »

Death penalty.
Leisher
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Small time bribery and payoffs. Probably added up, over the years.
I assure you this shit goes much, much deeper than all of that. These are just the charges they can make a case about.
GORDON
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by GORDON »

I figured. You don't get FBI attention with 2 years of 4 incidents <$3k
TheCatt
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I figured. You don't get FBI attention with 2 years of 4 incidents <$3k
There were two at least $5k.
GORDON
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by GORDON »

It became a boring read two sentences into "The first party then went to the second party and..."
GORDON
Site Admin

Toledo

Post by GORDON »

"Nice internet cafe. It'd be a shame if we let a competitor open up across the street."

Death penalty.