California - Because it needs its own thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: (spoken like a DINK living the childless life, right?)
Very much so, but that's ok.

I'd actually be very curious to see their earning versus monthly expenses.

Our HQ used to be in Cali and the workers there used to go into shock when they came here and saw our house and learned their prices. That guy making $160K, if he's the only income, I wouldn't be shocked they have issues making ends meet. $160K seems low for Cali in that career.

I know I'd be making more if I moved there. In New York I'd be a millionaire. Not that I could live like one.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

School suspends students for liking racist post.

Not done at home or in any relation to school whatsoever. The school just acted on morals.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Jerry Brown signs off on making California a sanctuary state.

So it's ok to break the law as long as rich people and shady corporations can get cheap labor and Democrats can get votes?

How is this different than discovering someone has moved into your basement without permission and your local government passing a law saying they have the right to live there? Oh, and you have to pay for them.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Drove down to SoCal yesterday. Took a fast, non scenic route. The road was filled with fire trucks and fire department SUVs. The talk radio was blaring in about a fire outbreak, right in LA?? About an hour north the smoke and haze started. I saw a 10 acre brushfire from the road. Surreal. Not as surreal as some of the other fires though, there are a half dozen.

A ton of damaging fires in CA this year. Not good. Malibu is fine, tho. Catalina should be ok too.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stay safe!

You should carry a fire extinguisher around with you.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cali AG threatens Cali employers with prosecution if they work with feds to get rid of illegals.

What would be hilarious is if the feds arrested him.

But seriously, remember how the GOP was "the party of no"? The Dems might as well rename themselves the Obstructionists.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:What would be hilarious is if the feds arrested him.
I've been thinking the DoJ should be looking into doing that to some of these city officials.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Vince

Post by Vince »

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Oakland mayor warns illegals about possible ICE raids.

The feds should go in and arrest her for obstruction of justice.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

SF removing "racist" statue.

Listen, I get what they see as racist. No doubt.

However, I wonder what the net result will be the more we shove this stuff under the rug?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Man do I love California.

Appointed an undocumented illegal immigrant to a statewide post.

I mean, for fuck's sake...
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: SF removing "racist" statue.

Listen, I get what they see as racist. No doubt.

However, I wonder what the net result will be the more we shove this stuff under the rug?
"It is important to forget the past so that we never repeat it."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Man do I love California.

Appointed an undocumented illegal immigrant to a statewide post.

I mean, for fuck's sake...
It honestly pisses me off this isn't the leading story for every MSM outlet.

This cannot be justified in any way. It is openly breaking federal law and waving your middle finger at the government.

How can anyone be found guilty of any crimes while a state is out there flaunting their breaking of laws?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Kid from famous photo and entire family dead or feared dead.

It's a sad story and then it gets darker the more you read.

Moral of the story is being lesbian, liberal, or diverse doesn't make you better than other people. Sounds like these poor kids were living in a shit show.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There's speculation that this wasn't an accident.

If one or both of these women decided to do this...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »