The More Things Change...

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I have long held a theory that everything goes in cycles. Sure, times change and progress gets made here and there, but eventually things come full circle.

It's super easy to point out in the tech world. Companies need to sell their shit, so while progress is always made, old tech is brought back time and time again to be resold under different marketing.

Well, the cycle is hitting your bedrooms.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I've had a handful of friends who admit to this. Mostly cuz they snore like trains, or similar. Which I understand.

My BIL made my sister sleep in a different room when their children were babies. Which made me think he was an asshole.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: My BIL made my sister sleep in a different room when their children were babies. Which made me think he was an asshole.
Need more information because now I think he's an asshole.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: My BIL made my sister sleep in a different room when their children were babies. Which made me think he was an asshole.
Need more information because now I think he's an asshole.
Long story short: He's an asshole. He said his sleep was too precious cuz of his work. He works in supply chain. My sister works, too, btw. He's a functional alcoholic as far as I can tell. Every time I see him he's knocking back at least 10 beers. Ruined a family dinner (he was cooking, burnt half the food, the other half was raw) because of it. He also chewed my sister out for their kid falling down some stairs because she didn't stop it from happening. She was packing all the stuff for all 4 of them, while he was downstairs hungover on the couch doing nothing.

From this story you'd think they live in a trailer, but they each make tons of money and live in some fancy town in NJ.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That sucks.