Happiness Experiment

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Happiness Experiment

Post by Leisher »

Chinese billionaire gives away money to see if it buys happiness.

It would have to be a substantial enough amount to allow a person to pay off their debt. I'm not sure this amount is?

That's always been something my wife and I have discussed during conversations where we do the "what would you do if you won the lottery". If you ask for a handout, you'll be disappointed. However, we will pay off your car/mortgage/college for you. Most likely anonymously as that's how we always planned to collect our winnings. From that point, the money stops flowing and you're on your own.

Until others do this, and then get sued for not continuing to give out money because they set an expectation of receiving financial gifts or whatever.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Happiness Experiment

Post by GORDON »

I look forward to your winning the lottery.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Happiness Experiment

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: However, we will pay off your car/mortgage/college for you.
Be sure to let me know before you win so I can buy a Porsche.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Happiness Experiment

Post by Leisher »

First of all, (in my best Gordon voice) "You've already won the lottery by getting to know me."

Secondly, if you both happen into money at the same time that I do, you're getting diddly...

Third, the amount of the lottery would have a lot to do with it. If I hit $1M on a scratch off, that's staying with me and mine. If I hit the next $1B jackpot dtman regulars, my friends, and most of my close family will experience life changing (if they're smart) financial windfalls. (And anyone who figures it out or already knows will be asked to sign non-disclosure agreements or they don't get diddly.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”