Mom gives warning about white supremacy

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

BUt does so through her own bigoted prism.

I have a problem with this piece. Not because the mom is warning against white supremacy. ALL parents should be monitoring their kids' online activities and whatnot. White supremacists are scum as are any [insert demographic here] supremacists.

No, here's where her credibility takes a big hit for me:
As a writer who has published pieces about men's issues among other topics, Schroeder has suffered online criticism and abuse from those who virulently disagree with her.
Yeah, typically I find women who write about men to be pretty insufferable, biased, and completely wrong.

Plus, she's not helping her case by comparing conservatives to white supremacists.

Check out her picture too. She's cute, but you know she's asked to see the manager many, many times.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

About a quarter of the american population equates conservatives with fascists, nazis, and white supremacists, all at the same time.

She is well represented.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I read the article. She is dangerously paranoid, and what is getting glossed over is that she raised a son who, one way or another, was drawn to skinhead sites. We should clearly all be taking her parenting advice.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

BTW I give is 50/50 odds that she made that up, and lied about her own white male child in order to tell a greater truth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Yeah, typically I find women who write about men to be pretty insufferable, biased, and completely wrong.
Anyone who's been exposed to Internet commenters will find them to be the worst people on Earth
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Yeah, typically I find women who write about men to be pretty insufferable, biased, and completely wrong.
Anyone who's been exposed to Internet commenters will find them to be the worst people on Earth
Yes, the interwebs are quite toxic. That being said, it's not like they're completely devoid of intelligence. I find the people at this site to be pretty reasonable and smart.

I just hate it when women write articles telling men how to be men (and vice versa). Doubly infuriating because, typically, those are the same women who scream about "men deciding what women can do with their bodies".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I find the people at this site to be pretty reasonable and smart.
Your standards must be low :)
Leisher wrote: I just hate it when women write articles telling men how to be men (and vice versa). Doubly infuriating because, typically, those are the same women who scream about "men deciding what women can do with their bodies".
I don't think I've read (m)any articles like that. So I just dont know how I feel about it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I don't think I've read (m)any articles like that. So I just dont know how I feel about it.
I know I've posted some of them here over the years.

They were also a thing in women's magazines for awhile and took a lot of shots in popular culture.
Vince

Post by Vince »

This SJW stuff is getting pushed so extremely, it's reaching the point of parents of the 60's complaining and worrying about the kids listening to those long haired boys from England. So the kids will do the only reasonable thing and gravitate towards those things.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

These people think scuba divers are all white supremists. Gordon gets it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: These people think scuba divers are all white supremists. Gordon gets it.
I GET IT, TOO
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yeah... but do you?