Huge if True

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
thibodeaux

Huge if True

Post by thibodeaux »

https://madrascourier.com/insight/how-r ... ent-india/

I've read Chariots of the Gods. Not sure how much of it is legit. Could ancient humans have had more advanced technology than we think they had? Were these legends handed down from an advanced civilization? Dunno. It's cool to think about though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Huge if True

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: https://madrascourier.com/insight/how-r ... ent-india/

I've read Chariots of the Gods. Not sure how much of it is legit. Could ancient humans have had more advanced technology than we think they had? Were these legends handed down from an advanced civilization? Dunno. It's cool to think about though.
So... Indiana Jones? Well, advanced Indiana Jones.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Huge if True

Post by Vince »

I kept seeing "robot" and my suspicion is that the actual translation came out to something closer to "golem". I think we create too much mystery where it isn't really required. "These ancient people talked about flying machines!"

Yeah, and we still talk about wanting our personal flying cars. I think people have looked at birds for as long as man existed and wished we could fly. Once we learned to build things, we wondered if there was a way to build something to make us able to fly.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

Huge if True

Post by Troy »

Vince wrote: I kept seeing "robot" and my suspicion is that the actual translation came out to something closer to "golem". I think we create too much mystery where it isn't really required. "These ancient people talked about flying machines!"

Yeah, and we still talk about wanting our personal flying cars. I think people have looked at birds for as long as man existed and wished we could fly. Once we learned to build things, we wondered if there was a way to build something to make us able to fly.
Golem was my thought to.

Or "Guardian Never Sleeping Statue of our Ancestors" which could be an equivalent to robot too.
Vince

Huge if True

Post by Vince »

Imagine the stories of Nikolaos of Myra of the 4th century with the stories of his spy satellites and his micro nanobots that create a world wide CCTV sort of system. What sort of advanced alient technology did he have access to?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren