I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by TheCatt »

Suck it, racist!

Actually, I barely know who he is other than when he called the Carolina Hurricanes a "bunch of jerks" which ended up being pretty motivating for the area, iirc.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by GORDON »

I assumed he meant white french immigrants.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

Cherry won't apologize.

Says he was fired for using the phrase "you people" even though he wasn't referencing minorities.

IF that statement is correct, then here's a guy who was fired for someone else's "unaware bigotry".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Cherry won't apologize.

Says he was fired for using the phrase "you people" even though he wasn't referencing minorities.

IF that statement is correct, then here's a guy who was fired for someone else's "unaware bigotry".
He was definitely singling out immigrants, it sounded like.
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Cherry won't apologize.

He was definitely singling out immigrants, it sounded like.
I don't think he meant immigrants of color though. He just meant immigrants.
TheCatt
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: He just meant immigrants.
Yes, but I think the assumption is that most immigrants are minorities. The majority listed here are certainly non-white: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrati ... mmigration
GORDON
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by GORDON »

Every intelligent person knows the only reason to be opposed to immigration, is racism.
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: but I think the assumption is
Of course you understand that his statement is being labeled as bigoted thanks to their bigoted assumption?

Guy said he wasn't specifying any minorities. Why not take him at his word?
GORDON wrote: Every intelligent person knows the only reason to be opposed to immigration, is racism.
Right?
TheCatt
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Of course you understand that his statement is being labeled as bigoted thanks to their bigoted assumption?
I literally just showed that most immigrants are minorities.
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Of course you understand that his statement is being labeled as bigoted thanks to their bigoted assumption?
I literally just showed that most immigrants are minorities.
I understand what you did, but we both know neither Cherry nor his critics went to do that research before or after the statement that got him into trouble.
GORDON
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by GORDON »

Nor do we know his actual intentions. Except yes we do, since the only reason to be opposed to immigration, is racism.
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

The best part is he wasn't opposed to immigration. His statement was about how immigrants need to respect Canada's veterans on Canada's Veteran's Day.
TheCatt
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: The best part is he wasn't opposed to immigration. His statement was about how immigrants need to respect Canada's veterans on Canada's Veteran's Day.
I think you mean he was trying to rob them of their culture and traditions and force his whitey ones on them.
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: The best part is he wasn't opposed to immigration. His statement was about how immigrants need to respect Canada's veterans on Canada's Veteran's Day.
I think you mean he was trying to rob them of their culture and traditions and force his whitey ones on them.
Ha! Right?

You're moving here because our country is better than the place you left, but by all means come here and change everything to be like your old country while ignoring all the laws and traditions of your new country, and as a bonus, shit on the memory of the people who died making this country so awesome you wanted to move here.
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

Peloton ad offends people.

Because it's sexist! Even though they never complained when Peloton ads feature men...

And because it's for people with privilege! Because now all ads can only be geared towards poor people or something? I can't afford this thing, but I wasn't offended, so I must also be privileged or something?
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »

Army football removes motto because of white supremacist origins.

This one is interesting. Nobody knew, and it doesn't seem like they're certain it was invented by white supremacists or just used by them.

Are we eventually going to run out of phrases and words as hate groups continue using them or cancel culture determines they shouldn't be used?
TheCatt
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by TheCatt »

The peleton uproar is stupid.

The army one, it certainly didn't seem to originate with white power, based on the article, despite the headline
GORDON
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by GORDON »

Anti defamation league says the "ok" symbol is racist.

The adl is retarded, and should be ridiculed.
Leisher
Site Admin

I'm offended!

Post by Leisher »