I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: It was literally 3 episodes. (They say four, counting a East coast + West coast version of the same live episode)

And do you really want to be attacked like this (yet another) white woman?
The outrage/cancel culture doesn't give a fuck. They don't care who you are, how many times, how long ago, or even context. The only thing that matters is you did something and they can attack.
GORDON wrote: I wonder if RDJ is nervous about Tropic Thunder. He's been getting a pass, but the mob is fickle.
It has been brought up, discussed, and ultimately he is getting a pass. I think it's because he was cast in a role, and it wasn't his idea. In all the other blackface scandals it was the person's idea or they helped write the skit. Most recently, Jamie Foxx was on The Joe Rogan Experience discussing RDJ's Tropic Thunder performance and was dismissing any scandal.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I really enjoy the fact that so many TV shows, movies, and the far left celebrities that make and star in them have so many instances of blackface in their past.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I really enjoy the fact that so many TV shows, movies, and the far left celebrities that make and star in them have so many instances of blackface in their past.
I just feel like there's a difference between blackface + black make-up. Oh well.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: I really enjoy the fact that so many TV shows, movies, and the far left celebrities that make and star in them have so many instances of blackface in their past.
I just feel like there's a difference between blackface + black make-up. Oh well.
Kind of like how there's a difference between a noose and the knot on Bubba Wallace's garage door, but oh well.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Kind of like how there's a difference between a noose and the knot on Bubba Wallace's garage door, but oh well.
Sure looked noose-like in that picture.
Troy

Post by Troy »

The main argument for Tropic Thunder is that RDJ is playing a meant-to-be-caricature of a WHITE guy who wears black face. He's ridiculed for it early and often in the movie. No-one treats him as anything but a ridiculous white man wearing blackface.

Those on social media who criticize are largely early generation SJWs that just saw the google images and not the real movie.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Kind of like how there's a difference between a noose and the knot on Bubba Wallace's garage door, but oh well.
Sure looked noose-like in that picture.

What's pissing me off about the entire situation is that race baiters like Jemele Hill and Al Sharpton are continuing to claim this was an intentional attack on Wallace.

-Wallace didn't have that garage last year, and yet photos exist of that knot being in that garage.
-Wallace got that garage this year based on his points standing, IE: results from his previous races.

There was no message sent to him, it was sheer chance he ended up seeing it. Yet go get on the race baiters' twitter feeds and all you see is ignorant comments about how Wallace was intentionally targeted.

Also, I agree Troy.

Social media combined with people's ignorance and inability to read past a headline is dooming us all.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Interesting take. That latter picture is also distorted by use of a zoom lens, making the object size seem different than it really is, as well.

They just need to take a picture with a ruler.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

There are also memes being passed around of different knots and how they operate. I had no idea how many nooses there are or that some don't even look like a noose.

I think the odds of this being "that" type of noose and having been done intentionally are higher than normal because these are southerners in a mostly white sport. Whether done absentmindedly or done as a joke, who knows? However, it was NOT intentionally left for Wallace. That was sheer chance.

Of course, anyone making that case on Twitter is just being called a racist, which is really healthy dialogue.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think the odds of this being "that" type of noose and having been done intentionally are higher than normal because these are southerners in a mostly white sport. Whether done absentmindedly or done as a joke, who knows? However, it was NOT intentionally left for Wallace. That was sheer chance.
Agree.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Social media combined with people's ignorance and inability to read past a headline is dooming us all.
I've been saying for decades that not everyone should be allowed to vote.

I wonder if it disturbs you that the last couple weeks, you're finally coming around to my point of view on things.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: I wonder if it disturbs you that the last couple weeks, you're finally coming around to my point of view on things.
No because I've always agreed, I just had more hope and faith in people.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote: I wonder if it disturbs you that the last couple weeks, you're finally coming around to my point of view on things.
I'm ready* to move to the Caribbean.

* - My bank account isn't, though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
I've felt really alone and ostracized all these years, assuming I stood apart.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Love this quote:
When victimhood becomes currency expect to see counterfeiters.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

There goes his $500 a month.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Personal care factor for John Wayne is low. I mean, our generation knows him, but does our generation care? I guess some of us probably grew up with parents who watched the movies a lot.
Elvis was a hero to most but he
Elvis was a hero to most
Elvis was a hero to most
But he never meant shit to me you see
Straight up racist that sucker was
Simple and plain
Mother fuck him and John Wayne
'Cause I'm Black and I'm proud
I'm ready and hyped plus I'm amped
Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps
Sample a look back you look and find
Nothing but rednecks for four hundred years if you check
Was how I've heard his name the most, honestly.