I'm offended! & Cancel Culture

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cocky McCunterson goes to Twitter to complain about not getting her way. Twitter responds en masse to explain to her that she's the asshole. They even started a GoFundMe page to send the Kroger manager on a vacation!
That's Danielle Muscato on the left.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

People who don't wear masks REALLY piss me off too though. I'm all for calling out stores that don't enforce it, but not sure I'd go after the manager as it's often someone above him that instructs them not to enforce it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: That's Danielle Muscato on the left.
Wait, wut?
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: That's Danielle Muscato on the left.
Wait, wut?
The "woman" in the story, presumably.

Just had lunch with my mother, who just sold her bar/restaurant. SHe says she's been tossing assholes out left and right who refused to follow mask rules. She explained she could lose her liquor license over it, but these "muh rights" people don't care.

Fuck those people. Death penalty... and there's isn't enough chance of dying from COVID for me, so bullet in the street.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Your mom sold her place!? Hope she got a good amount of money.

And yes, fuck those assholes. My right wing looney uncles are anti-mask, but at least they have the sense to wear them and not cause shit for businesses/employees.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Your mom sold her place!? Hope she got a good amount of money.
She kept the building, with rentals on the second floor. She sold the business to her nephew, my cousin, who has been running the kitchen for about a decade.

And he got the best deal of any restaurant owner for starting a restaurant, in the last decade. Hyperbolicly speaking. But... a successful restaurant fell into his lap and it's his to fuck up.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, sorry to hear that. Good luck to your cousin.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's not BAD news. She's just getting too old to stand in as the night cook when the regular one quits. It's still in the family (for now), she still owns the building, she still does the books. The fact it's my cousin running it.... he's a smart guy, and I think he gets why it works. He probably won't make dumb changes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And, she just bought an RV with the government COVID stimulus money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Trans women were humiliated in Miami jail after being arrested during a protest.
“They had no idea to where to place me," Cruz said. "And when they said my legal name, I had to raise my hand, obviously, because it was me. And that's when it started to get like, 'That's not a woman, that's a man,' and that's when things got very transphobic."
I'm probably not sensitive to this issue, but isn't the situation your fault when you A) Put yourself in a position to be arrested and B) don't change your legal name to match your new identity?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, that's "We're not built for this."

So one of our friends is a writer. Not hugely successful, but gets published, etc. Last night was book club for the women, and the book was about a black student's experience in an almost all-white private school, showing his perception versus his classmates', etc. The discussion inevitably turned towards representation and race, etc. Our writer friend had recently published a book with 3 main characters. The first was the main character. She felt she could not make that character black, because she isn't black. (Welcome to today). The other two characters were 1) a mean girl and 2) the weird kooky girl. #1 couldn't be black, because she was mean. #2 couldn't be black, because she was weird and isolated, etc. So she made all three characters white. One of the first reviews said "the book had your typical default white girl characters." She was mad.

My wife and I were discussing it this morning, and she asked me when it would end, and people could just write whatever. I said "never." It's over. Everything's labeled now, and there's no going back. Black people could run the whole world, and it wouldn't change.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I doubt I'll ever publish under my real name/identity. Too many people hating white men in the literary world.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: My wife and I were discussing it this morning, and she asked me when it would end, and people could just write whatever. I said "never." It's over. Everything's labeled now, and there's no going back. Black people could run the whole world, and it wouldn't change.
I disagree with "never". I'd reduce that to "not in our lifetime".

Things will change. It'll be because blood is shed, but it will change.

"Nothing lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I disagree with "never". I'd reduce that to "not in our lifetime".
Basically the same thing.
Leisher wrote: Nothing lasts forever, and we both know hearts can change
Thanks, Axl.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thanks, Axl.
It's a good song.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
It's a good song.
Probably the best he wrote.
thibodeaux

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
It's a good song.
Probably the best he wrote.
You're fucking crazy.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Careful Catt, Don't make him RAG
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vox thinks classical music is elitist.

I don't think Vox understands elitism.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »