The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Believes women bring rape upon themselves with their attire.

Ok, not directly, but it makes you want to click the link, right?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

I'm okay with this ruling. Everyone wants the courts involved in local ordinances, and I'd bet you money that all of those baristas combined couldn't name two of their city councilmen.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: I'm okay with this ruling.
I am not. This is local government dictating dress code for a private business. If it wasn't violating the health code there shouldn't be an issue.

The fact that they tried to say they can link prostitution and sex crimes to the existence of the business confirms, for me, that this was driven completely by the morals of the councilmen. That's not their job.
Vince wrote: I'd bet you money that all of those baristas combined couldn't name two of their city councilmen.
First of all, I'm betting they know them either through their public bashing of the place or because they're customers... Secondly, who cares if they can't?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Secondly, who cares if they can't?
Seriously. I can name zero of my city / county councilpeople. I'm not even sure who our mayor is. Might start with a W.

*edit* Oh , dammit, just realized that I do know one. But only cuz he owns the car place I go to .
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote: I am not. This is local government dictating dress code for a private business. If it wasn't violating the health code there shouldn't be an issue.
Which is exactly as the founders intended. If you don't like it, get involved and get people elected to change it. Keep calling on the federal courts to fix every boo-boo is why we have no place to go to escape the madness.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Which is exactly as the founders intended.
Wait, are you saying the Founding Fathers wanted local governments to dictate dress codes for private businesses?
Vince

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: Which is exactly as the founders intended.
Wait, are you saying the Founding Fathers wanted local governments to dictate dress codes for private businesses?
I'm saying they thought that was way outside the purview of power they thought safe for the federal government to have.