The Bigfoot Thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by Leisher »

Forest rangers think they saw one 40 years ago. The FBI took it seriously.

A deer huh?

A conclusive answer, but you can already see how it'll be spun:
-Was that sample from what they saw or from a deer being chased by what they saw?
-Was the sample too high up for a deer to have left it?
-How does one see a deer and confuse it for a bipedal walking creature?
-Government cover up!

None of the question are too stupid to be considered, but if we're being honest, could the government, or anyone, provide enough concrete evidence to "prove it" to the "Bigfoot is real" people?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by Vince »

I could understand the government wanting to hide the existence of extraterrestrials from the public at large. There would be a possibly massive theological impact on the public. But who cares if another earth origin species is discovered?

Having spent a lot of time in the woods at this point, I can see where people think they see things that aren't there. There is a lot more happening in the woods than your eyes are even capable of taking in as you pan around. Your brain fills in probably about 70-80% of things unless it's a creature that's moving slow that you are able to focus on for more than a second.

Yesterday the wife and I were riding the side-by-side through an area of my dad's property along an old logging road. Just off about 10-15 yrds running parallel to us was... something. Dark brown. Roughly the shape of a squirrel. Maybe a little bigger than a squirrel. Size is one of the hardest things to gauge. Every deer hunter has said at some point, "he looked bigger from the deer stand". This thing wasn't moving like a squirrel. Pretty sure it was a mink. Saw it, but I never really saw it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by Leisher »

Clearly you saw a chupacabra.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Clearly you saw a chupacabra.
Bigfoot's a lie, but those are real.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Vince

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by Vince »

The wife and I watched a reality series for a while about these three yahoos that went out looking for Bigfoot. For a bit it was entertaining. One episode the FLIR company let them borrow this awesome van that allowed them to monitor an entire hillside out in the woods. They could see deer bedded down and coons climbing in the trees and even field mice bouncing around. Really killed the formula of the show which allowed them to react to sounds they heard that might be something out there. Would kill the excitement to see week after week, "Nope. No Bigfoot here either."
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by Leisher »

Hide and Seek World Champion found!
GORDON
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by GORDON »

"Devolution" was written by the guy who wrote World War Z and talks about the Bigfoots.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by TheCatt »

That dude's like "Best $100 I ever spent on this costume"
Leisher
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:16 pm written by the guy who wrote World War Z
Max Brooks. Mel Brooks' kid.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:24 pm That dude's like "Best $100 I ever spent on this costume"
There was one for sale in Vegas a few trips ago for $160. My wife wouldn't let me get it or Bigfoot would have been seen locally.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:15 pm There was one for sale in Vegas a few trips ago for $160. My wife wouldn't let me get it or Bigfoot would have been seen locally.
Instead she had to settle for BigPenis?

(at the Magic Mike show)
Leisher
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:09 pm
Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:15 pm There was one for sale in Vegas a few trips ago for $160. My wife wouldn't let me get it or Bigfoot would have been seen locally.
Instead she had to settle for BigPenis?

(at the Magic Mike show)
I read that and genuinely thought Gordon wrote it.

Wives are zero fun when it comes to pranks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:25 pm I read that and genuinely thought Gordon wrote it.
He would have referenced his own penis.
Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:25 pm Wives are zero fun when it comes to pranks.
My wife will go in on pranks, but doesn't really ideate.

I wonder if women are discouraged from pranking as kids. That feels true.
Leisher
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:26 pm He would have referenced his own penis.
Fair.
TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:26 pm I wonder if women are discouraged from pranking as kids. That feels true.
My kids do pranks, but I think you're right. Probably very much dictated by environment.
TheCatt
Site Admin

The Bigfoot Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:42 pm My kids do pranks, but I think you're right. Probably very much dictated by environment.
Feels like it wasn't "ladylike" in the 80s and before.