The N-Word

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

The N-Word

Post by Leisher »

Tim Allen makes a case for using it.
"If I have no intent, if I show no intent, if I clearly am not a racist, then how can 'nigger' be bad coming out of my mouth?" asked Allen.
Here's a response from a black guy:
"Here's a general rule of thumb to follow when using the n-word for white people," said sociologist, author and radio host Michael Eric Dyson on MSNBC: "Never."
One of those two statements, by definition, is racist and it's not Allen's.

Isn't making the word completely off limits worse than allowing its usage? You're giving it power and being a bigot at the same time. Also, how hypocritical of you to not only use it constantly as a term of affection or friendship, but also to put it into all your songs that you then sell to white audiences. And why are Hispanics allowed to say it? Why can't Irish people say it? (Seriously)

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me." Kids get that, so why don't adults?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

The N-Word

Post by GORDON »

"I am vulnerable, and here's the button you push to make me upset. Or, to pretend to be upset."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."