Gillette Ad

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by Leisher »

Another good analysis of the ad, including getting into who the filmmaker is and her previous work.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by GORDON »

Gillette doubles(?) down on their superior social position by celebrating morbid obesity.

https://twitter.com/gillettevenus/statu ... 0354409473
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Gillette doubles(?) down on their superior social position by celebrating morbid obesity.

Nope. Nope, nope, nope. Health should matter.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by Leisher »

Fuck Gillette. This is absolutely disgusting and not because "she's large". They are, literally, encouraging a lifestyle that is the #1 killer in the U.S. (world?).

Fuck all these morons who are arguing that she could absolutely be healthy. They're ignoring science. "But 1 out of every 20 obese people live healthy, long lives! Who cares if the other 19 die early!"

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by Leisher »

Relevant.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Gillette doubles(?) down on their superior social position by celebrating morbid obesity.

I was going to put this in a health thread, but this seems topical.

Fat people getting fatty liver at unhealthy rates, cuz they are fat.
Vince

Gillette Ad

Post by Vince »

Gillette had an $8 billion write down. I don't think they understood the dynamics of Nike and Kaepernick.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Gillette had an $8 billion write down. I don't think they understood the dynamics of Nike and Kaepernick.
I think your causality attribution is flawed.
Vince

Gillette Ad

Post by Vince »

Their real value has dropped below their value on paper?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Their real value has dropped below their value on paper?
I edited my post before I saw your response, but I don't think you're being over simplistic.
Vince

Gillette Ad

Post by Vince »

Don't get me wrong, I don't think their ad campaign caused them to have troubles. I think their ad campaign didn't help as they'd hoped it would. The people buying $300 tennis shoes are the same ones that think the cops target black men and shoot them indiscriminately anyway. If they pick up one sale from that demographic, they'd have to lose 5 conservative buyers to lose money. With Gillette, the hipster weren't buying razors to begin with.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Gillette Ad

Post by TheCatt »

Vince wrote: Don't get me wrong, I don't think their ad campaign caused them to have troubles. I think their ad campaign didn't help as they'd hoped it would. The people buying $300 tennis shoes are the same ones that think the cops target black men and shoot them indiscriminately anyway. If they pick up one sale from that demographic, they'd have to lose 5 conservative buyers to lose money. With Gillette, the hipster weren't buying razors to begin with.
OK.