Toledo suburb also makes national news

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Kid commits suicide.

Apparently, he did it after his girlfriend broke up with him. That poor girl has to live with that guilt now. Not to mention his parents and 5 siblings. My wife actually worked with his mom. She describes her as extremely nice and sweet to a fault. A small incident occurred with a kid (they work at an elementary school) and the lady didn't handle it in the way that everyone wanted because they were trying to get this kid, a behavioral case, an aide. No big deal AT ALL. Literally, something that was blown off immediately because she didn't know and nobody cared. For the next four days she brought it up to my wife. That's how much she worried about stuff. I dread the hell she is going to go through going forward. From all accounts her son was a great kid who probably had mental issues, and made a really selfish decision. No parent should have to go through a child's death let alone one like this.

Our story doesn't end there though...

In the kid's suicide note, he requested the high school football coach NOT attend his funeral. This next part gets hazy as nobody is sure if the coach didn't get the message or what, but he showed up. The family asked him to leave and he did peacefully. However, he went home and bashed the kid and whatnot on FB. He has been fired.

But wait, there's more...

The funeral was next where the priest turned his funeral into an anti-suicide speech and talked about how people who commit suicide go to hell. You can imagine how thrilled the parents were with that display of class.

I mean, really!? You don't have the human decency to just celebrate the kid's life? Save that suicide speech for Sunday's sermon and ask the family to skip that day.

Fun note for me: That priest is the head of the church my wife attends. She is refusing to return until he is removed. She's always disliked him, and she's not alone in that opinion. Now people are writing the Detroit diocese demanding the guy get fired.

Another fun note: This guy was brought in to replace another priest that was a total dick. He'd stop services to chastise people. No joke.

It's weird how these Catholic priests are all so angry and bitter. It's almost like they need to get laid or something...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I left church because of priests. The whole holier than thou thing just doesn't sit well with me. I've known some humble servants, but they were not the majority.
Leisher wrote: It's weird how these Catholic priests are all so angry and bitter. It's almost like they need to get laid or something...
I was Episcopalian, so ostensibly they could have been getting laid, it still didn't matter. Humans are flawed, period.
It's not me, it's someone else.