"PoP" laws

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

"PoP" laws

Post by Leisher »

Cop allegedly rapes woman during traffic stop.

Let's make a deal:
Eliminate the redundant, racist (c'mon, we all know who the target of these laws are), and hard to prove "hate crimes" from the law books. In their place, substitute "position of power crimes".

These would be mandatory sentences added to crimes where a person in a position of power or authority victimizes someone else.

Cops. Doctors. Teachers. Politicians. Care givers. Babysitters. Financial Advisers. Bosses. Etc. would be the targets of these sentences.

I would make specific criteria to wash out cases that don't need to be covered.

So, first would be intent. If there was no plan or malicious intent, then this qualification is not relevant.

After that, harm would have to be measured. Lots of discussions can be had there, but bankrupting a family whose finances you controlled is a lot worse than telling Betty her rack looks great today.

So a cop who kills someone in the line of duty justly is fine.
A cop who accidentally kills someone in the line of duty could be found guilty of manslaughter, but wouldn't be brought up on "PoP" crimes.
A cop who intentionally kills someone in the line of duty when it absolutely wasn't warranted and/or it was part of a malicious act or other crime would get drilled with "PoP".
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

"PoP" laws

Post by Vince »

I like it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

"PoP" laws

Post by Leisher »

400 rapes in a 9 year period.

600+ sexual fondling, which seems very likely, but also could be easily misinterpreted by the alleged victim.

I'm telling you, I am onto something with the PoP laws.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

"PoP" laws

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:600+ sexual fondling, which seems very likely, but also could be easily misinterpreted by the alleged victim.
Yeah, that one seemed a bit more subjective to me. How many were legit friskings that they were just crying about?
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

"PoP" laws

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote:600+ sexual fondling, which seems very likely, but also could be easily misinterpreted by the alleged victim.
Yeah, that one seemed a bit more subjective to me. How many were legit friskings that they were just crying about?
I'm guessing it's why male officers need to call female officers to their crime scenes, traffic stops, etc. to search female suspects. Although, I've never seen or heard of female officers needing to call male officers to search men... I might be 100% wrong on that, but I can't recall a single example.