Church Reform

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Church Reform

Post by thibodeaux »

The Roman Catholic Church has a serious gay-pedo problem. Even the Pope has admitted that there is a "gay Mafia."

Would that be solved by removing the celibacy requirement? Maybe. The Orthodox Church doesn't require celibacy and they're not as fucked up. On the other hand, the Protestants don't require it either, and they're almost as gay as the Catholics.
Leisher
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by Leisher »

This is going to derail this thread, but one thing is bothering me about this and the Hollywood pedo scandals. And ho boy is this going to come off as hate speech, but if we can't have discussions, then we are fundamentally broken as a species/society/culture. (Plus, people would start asking "What are you hiding?")

Back in the 80s or so I remember one bullet point, clearly from the right wing, being that gay = pedophiles.

Let me start by saying I KNOW THAT ISN'T TRUE!

However, that being said, what the fuck is going on with gay pedophiles? Is that the proper way to describe them? A pedophile would be a man or woman attracted to the opposite sex, while a gay pedophile would be a man or woman attracted to the same sex, yes?

Anyway, between the seemingly countless examples from the religious world and the "everyone knows it's going on, but for some reason we pretend it's not" pedophilia in Hollywood, why is the country not losing their fucking minds over this shit? These are people who are preying on children, yet we only care about #metoo or whatever Trump said today? It's insanity.

Anyway, perhaps those right wingers were unintentionally onto something. Are pedos who prey on the same sex gay? If so, I wonder what the percentages are, and I assume they're low, but maybe not as low as people would think?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by TheCatt »

I think part of the perception is that many abusers (that you do not hear about) are family abusers, and are abusing along more traditional male-female lines. Every person I know who was abused, was a female and was abused by an older male relative. (That's only a few people). No male friend has ever said he was abused in that fashion.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I think part of the perception is that many abusers (that you do not hear about) are family abusers, and are abusing along more traditional male-female lines. Every person I know who was abused, was a female and was abused by an older male relative. (That's only a few people). No male friend has ever said he was abused in that fashion.
Uh...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I think part of the perception is that many abusers (that you do not hear about) are family abusers, and are abusing along more traditional male-female lines. Every person I know who was abused, was a female and was abused by an older male relative. (That's only a few people). No male friend has ever said he was abused in that fashion.
Uh...
Uh... what?
Leisher
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote:
Uh...
Uh... what?
I have stated here previously that I was abused. I'm male and she was the older relative.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by TheCatt »

So.... somehow I completely and utterly forgot about that? Not to bring up old wounds, but how old were you and did you ever go public with it? I am sorry to hear that, I literally have no memory of this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by Leisher »

No worries. I think it was brought up in the Sex Scandals thread, which is 1000 pages long. I also talked about the 14 years of sexual harassment at my job that people laugh about because I'm male and she's female.

I was young, maybe 10? Nothing too traumatizing, but I can't stand the sight of the woman. Never went public, although my wife knows.

Ask me about my first real girlfriend in another thread. You'll begin to see a pattern as to why I didn't do relationships more than a month until my wife who I met in my late 20s.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I also talked about the 14 years of sexual harassment at my job that people laugh about because I'm male and she's female.
This I remember.
Leisher wrote: I was young, maybe 10?
That's fucked up.
Leisher
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: That's fucked up.
It is what it is, and my story isn't nearly as bad as other people's.

Thank you though.
Leisher
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by Leisher »

@AnOpenSecret 7 minutes ago

It’s been 24 days since then-Archbishop Donald Wuerl of Pittsburgh was exposed as covering for pedophile priests in the PA Catholic Church report

@Cardinal_Wuerl is STILL in charge of Washington, DC @Pontifex
Why is he still in power?
Leisher
Site Admin

Church Reform

Post by Leisher »

Pastor gets called out for preaching while wearing $4K shoes.

What size balls do you have to have to wear $4K shoes anywhere, let alone in front of people you're asking to give you money?