Female Runners

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Vince

Female Runners

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: No argument. But it isn't anything that hasn't been going on for a few hundred thousand years.

We need to bring back.... being able to punch a dude in the nose when he gets out of line, without it being an instant jail sentence. When you could just smack a guy for disrespecting a woman, then he'd walk away chastised with a bloody nose, and a lesson learned. We are no longer able to correct the more unsocialized members of society, so now they run free, being crude with impunity, because no one wants to get arrested for teaching a lesson.

Its a damned shame, how we got so civilized.
I don't know if you remember the nurse from Cleo? She was a big country woman. Not fat, just tall and a larger frame. I don't know if she was ever a looker, but probably not too bad in her day. Wore 3 coats of makeup. At any rate, one of the factory workers was in her office getting something checked out and he grabbed her ass. She cold cocked him and put him on the floor. Told him to get out. VP over HR came down and asked her if she wanted to file a complaint. She told him no, that she'd taken care of it.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: You should tell the author of the article this thread is about to stop bitching, because it's getting better.
You make no sense sometimes.

The author can stop bitching when the problem is gone.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by GORDON »

You should mansplain that to her.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote:
GORDON wrote:
TheCatt wrote:
Are you making the argument that women get less harassed now than they did, say, 50 years ago?
I'm saying they get more, now.
I think they perceive more now...
Pointing my statement out because it maintains relevancy towards those studies.

Who determines what is harassment and what isn't? And therein lies my point. I think women are far more likely to declare something harassment today than they would previously.

Also, I'll cite the experiment I've mentioned previously where women were in an office place and touched/commented upon in the EXACT SAME WAY by men of varying age and attractiveness. The women reported harassment when the guys were older and less attractive, but when the guys were younger and better looking the same actions were somehow NOT harassment...
TheCatt wrote: The author can stop bitching when the problem is gone.
How do you 100% eliminate a problem when it is rooted in a basic human need? Men and women MUST be attracted to one another for the species to survive. Have you seen a nature video? Not a lot of gentlemanly courtships going on in the natural world. When our unnatural social expectations of courting behavior is ever changing, how in the holy fuck can men or women ever hope to avoid "harassment"?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: I think women are far more likely to declare something harassment today than they would previously.
Ok, but still studies show it decreasing, so it's decreasing more faster than studies say?
Leisher wrote: Also, I'll cite the experiment I've mentioned previously where women were in an office place and touched/commented upon in the EXACT SAME WAY by men of varying age and attractiveness.
Yes, that's literal part of the definition. "unwanted" contacts or advances.
Leisher wrote: Men and women MUST be attracted to one another for the species to survive
I was able to procreate without harassing anyone. Were you?
Leisher wrote: When our unnatural social expectations of courting behavior is ever changing,
So when it's convenient for you (employment discussion), people control their entire lives, but when it's not convenient for you, people cannot control anything in their life?
Leisher
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Ok, but still studies show it decreasing, so it's decreasing more faster than studies say?
I don't know. My point is that the studies likely have bullshit data. There's no scientifically accurate measure, and thus, the data cannot be 100% accurate.
TheCatt wrote: Yes, that's literal part of the definition. "unwanted" contacts or advances.
But again, that just furthers my point. How in the fuck can anyone know what "unwanted" means as it shifts from person to person? A female co-worker might enjoy it if I grabbed her ass, but might report you to HR if you simply asked her on a date. There's no bar to know when behavior is over a line or not, and thus, it's not reliable. Of course grabbing an ass should be over the line, but should asking someone on a date be over that line?
TheCatt wrote: I was able to procreate without harassing anyone. Were you?
Well, you say that, but do you know if that's true? I know for a fact it isn't true about you. (NOTE: Before you get bent out of shape, set aside our wives whom we absolutely successfully procreated with without harassing them...in THEIR view...I'm going to address that while you didn't harass that poor women, you absolutely have harassed women and crossed a line...again, according to some. And again, that's my whole point...)
TheCatt wrote: So when it's convenient for you (employment discussion), people control their entire lives, but when it's not convenient for you, people cannot control anything in their life?
I legit don't understand your point here. Please explain.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: the data cannot be 100% accurate.
And, therefore... what?
Leisher wrote: How in the fuck can anyone know what "unwanted" means as it shifts from person to person?
You cannot, ergo, don't do anything that might be until you know she wants her ass grabbed/slapped/licked.
Leisher wrote: I know for a fact it isn't true about you.
Well, that one night had nothing to do with my procreation :)
Leisher wrote: I legit don't understand your point here. Please explain.
In the employment thread, about people taking opportunities, developing skills, etc like they have complete control over those things. Versus here, they are simply automatons to their impulses.
Leisher
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: And, therefore... what?
And therefore, nothing. Studies on this subject are using subjective data. Pretty sure that immediately negates them from being reliable. Please note: I'm in your camp that I think rates are dropping as both men realize that behavior can lead to trouble and as men are becoming bigger pussies.
TheCatt wrote: You cannot, ergo, don't do anything that might be until you know she wants her ass grabbed/slapped/licked.
No, you cannot do a fucking thing ever, period. Women are demanding to have dominion over both sides of this debate, and it's bullshit. They shouldn't get to be the sex that is romantically pursued, but also get to yell "harassment" if someone asks them out. It's completely devoid of logic.

I'm willing to meet them at a fair compromise. A guy can ask a girl out he works with 1 time in writing approved by HR. If she declines, he can never ask her again. She, in turn, is not allowed to scream "harassment" when a guy asks that 1 time. Also, if she changes her mind, she must be the aggressor and ask him, after filing the proper form with HR.

Who says romance is dead?
TheCatt wrote: Well, that one night had nothing to do with my procreation
Good point. I was actually referring to how you enable the rape culture and rape women yourself by posting nudes (such logic is insanity, but we both know there are people who claim this to be the case), but anyone you dated or slept with prior to your wife (or after) is clearly someone you harassed.
TheCatt wrote: In the employment thread, about people taking opportunities, developing skills, etc like they have complete control over those things. Versus here, they are simply automatons to their impulses.
What employment thread? :D No, without looking I think I know what you're talking about.

Let me use the bad phrase "You're comparing apples to oranges". It is a primal natural instinct to procreate. That is not true of getting training and entering the job market. As a teenaged boy I didn't make an ass of myself to get a job. I didn't call a girl and tell her I couldn't have sex because I wanted to go to work.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: No, you cannot do a fucking thing ever, period. Women are demanding to have dominion over both sides of this debate, and it's bullshit. They shouldn't get to be the sex that is romantically pursued, but also get to yell "harassment" if someone asks them out.
I've never heard of someone claiming to be harassed from being asked out a single time. Maybe it happens. But I'm guessing the crude behavior, raunchy asking out, or incessant asking out is much more common.
Leisher wrote: I'm willing to meet them at a fair compromise. A guy can ask a girl out he works with 1 time in writing approved by HR. If she declines, he can never ask her again. She, in turn, is not allowed to scream "harassment" when a guy asks that 1 time. Also, if she changes her mind, she must be the aggressor and ask him, after filing the proper form with HR.

Who says romance is dead?
lol
Leisher wrote: No, without looking I think I know what you're talking about.
The one where I supported a higher minimum wage...
Leisher wrote: It is a primal natural instinct to procreate. That is not true of getting training and entering the job market.
It's primal instinct to DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. At least, it is to me. That being said, there's certainly people who have no desire for sex, which I also find odd.
Leisher
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I've never heard of someone claiming to be harassed from being asked out a single time. Maybe it happens. But I'm guessing the crude behavior, raunchy asking out, or incessant asking out is much more common.
Unfortunately, I am familiar with women who think being asked out is harassment. Hell, I know women who complain about guys simply looking their direction. Again, let me quote myself from earlier:
Leisher wrote: I think they perceive more now...
Remember, just because you or I or society might think an action or word is not harassing, we're told the only opinion that matter is the "victim's". I realize this might not match your position, I'm certain it doesn't, but this is a thing.
TheCatt wrote: The one where I supported a higher minimum wage...
Yeah, I was right about which one.
TheCatt wrote: It's primal instinct to DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE.
Is it? I'm not so sure about that. I know workaholics. My father-in-law can't ever stop doing shit and it's a running joke in the family. However, he is the exception. Most guys I know aren't constantly tinkering, organizing, cleaning up, etc. They're sitting around, watching the game, drinking a beer, etc.

We have a legit problem in this country with a large population who simply doesn't want to work. That includes people who are working. Everyone dreams of being rich enough so they never have to work again.

I think it's primal instinct to mate and survive, and that is it. Nobody is born with the natural instinct to do TPS reports.
TheCatt wrote: At least, it is to me.
You might be like my father-in-law? However, I'm betting that given the option, you'd rather have dinner with your wife or play with your kids over working.
TheCatt wrote: That being said, there's certainly people who have no desire for sex, which I also find odd.
I have a friend who claims he hasn't masturbated since he was in his early teens. I know girls who don't want guys to go down on them. I knew a guy who said he wouldn't let girls go down on him because he had trust issues...(wow). I was shocked a few years back during a night of poker when several guys admitted they really don't have a sex drive.

I wonder if that's a flaw within them or nature causing them to back down their sex drive as they all already had a wife and kids?
GORDON
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by GORDON »

There's a subreddit called "Two X Chromosomes," for women to.talk about how.much it sucks to be a woman, and how they get raped constantly.

If.you want your opinion of.women to change from respect, to, "how in the hell do these mentally unstable, fragile creatures exist in the world, and I finally understand why they weren't allowed to vote for so long, and maybe the Taliban has a point about keeping them covered and safe in public," then go spend an hour in that subreddit.

They really enable each other in their fragility.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: then go spend an hour in that subreddit.
I've spent many hours there. I have not seen it the way you have.

(I also read the root, and /r/TheDonald to keep being exposed to varying points of view)
GORDON
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote: then go spend an hour in that subreddit.
I've spent many hours there. I have not seen it the way you have.

(I also read the root, and /r/TheDonald to keep being exposed to varying points of view)
Nine times out of ten, the subjects that hit the front page are, "I finally stopped making bad decisions and boys are bad."
Leisher
Site Admin

Female Runners

Post by Leisher »

I actively try to avoid places like that on the web.

They're ok for checking out a tidbit here and there, but I find overexposure tends to try and pull you into that world and negatively cloud your thinking.

It's like I tell my militant black friend all the time: "If you only expose yourself to one narrative, you will never find peace and happiness."