Feminism

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by Leisher »

The facts versus the propaganda with cited sources.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

Feminism

Post by thibodeaux »

The redhead just can't even.
GORDON
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by GORDON »

Henry Cavill says the rules of dating have changed, and he is afraid of doing something innocent and getting called a rapist.

Then people call him a rapist because of that.

http://boundingintocomics.com/2018/07/1 ... -backlash/

Enabling the mentally ill.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Feminism

Post by Cakedaddy »

Holy shit. Brie Larson says "I merely smiled at a TSA agent and he asked for my phone number. To live life as a woman is to live life on the defense." You are EXACTLY the person the dude is talking about. You had to defend yourself against the agent who simply asked for your number? Or am I enabling a rapist?
GORDON
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by GORDON »

Reddit has a big subforum of women talking about their rapes. Some legit, some, "I said yes the whole time/it didn't feel right/i was assaulted." Every single post, massive hugfest, and no one can call them on bullshit without getting banned.

There's no stopping the crazy train, at this point.
Leisher
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by Leisher »

Emilia Clarke gets hate from feminists for doing nude and sex scenes.
“I just wanted to come out and do an empowered scene that wasn’t sexual — it was naked, but it was strong. I get a lot of crap for having done nude scenes and sex scenes, That, in itself, is so anti-feminist. Women hating on other women is just the problem. That’s upsetting.”
She's right, of course. Where is the power in hiding the female form? A strong naked woman IS a feminist statement.

I think the feminists who had issue with it are more pissed that nobody wants to see them naked...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by TheCatt »

The Love, Death + Robots "Good Hunting" episode is a nice example of strong feminism without fear of their form.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by GORDON »

Can't recall which one that was.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Can't recall which one that was.
Set in Hong Kong; mystical woman/fox beast; steampunk
GORDON
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by GORDON »

Ahhhhhhhhh.

Possibly my least fave. Also I question the feminist angle.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
Possibly my least fave. Also I question the feminist angle.
I question your understanding of feminism.
GORDON
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by GORDON »

I don't care.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by Leisher »

The owner is clearly batshit crazy. She's the worst kind of bigot, the one who doesn't even see their own bigotry because they're too busy seeing bigotry.
“The man tax blew up the internet, an idea that we didn’t think was all too radical, yet the way the world responded showed us how fragile masculinity is and solidified the necessity for us to confront and dismantle patriarchy.

“We were just one little tiny shop on Sydney Rd that was trying to carve out a swathe of space to prioritise women and women's issues, and suddenly we became the punching bag of Melbourne and the internet.

"Yes, we are the evil, discriminatory, man-hating d***s who charge men more when didn't you know the wage gap doesn't even exist!? Meanwhile gentlemen’s social clubs live on and strong around Melbourne and the world over…”
Leisher
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by Leisher »

Femicides are all the rage in Mexico.

Nobody in power seems to give a shit, so people are, rightly, pissed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Feminism

Post by TheCatt »

I really wish Mexico could get its shit together.