Today in Pedophilia

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by TheCatt »

Catholic church says confession inviolable, even for abuse cases.
The Catholic Church in Australia has agreed to almost all of the recommendations of Australia's Royal Commission on child sex abuse, with one big exception: breaking the seal of confession.

The commission had recommended that priests, like doctors, be required to report any allegation of child molestation -- even setting aside the confidentiality of the confessional in such cases.

The Church said it's unwilling to agree to this, because it means changing a core doctrine of the faith: Confession is one of the seven sacraments of Catholicism, the bond of secrecy absolute.
My quick reaction to this is that capital crimes (rape, murder, child molestation, etc) should not be protected by confession.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Today in Pedophilia

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: Being honest, he more than likely went too far. However, he was protecting his family. If his story checks out, I really don't think he deserves jail time.
Maybe he'll get lucky and get an OJ jury.

"I'm not saying he shoulda killed him.....

But I *understand*"
Vince

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Vince »

TheCatt wrote: My quick reaction to this is that capital crimes (rape, murder, child molestation, etc) should not be protected by confession.
I understand the need for it. I don't have a problem with it as most priest will require a confession to the authorities for a capital crime in order to receive absolution from the church as part of their penance. I believe something different needs to happen with the priests. Not sure how I'd structure it though.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by TheCatt »

I'll confess my 80s memory isn't perfect, but pretty sure I knew sex with kids was a crime.
thibodeaux

Today in Pedophilia

Post by thibodeaux »

I'm pretty sure he know it was a sin, according to Church doctrine. Also (I assume he's RC), against his vow of chastity.

So, he can go have sex with himself.
Vince

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Vince »

thibodeaux

Today in Pedophilia

Post by thibodeaux »

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/f ... 47531.html
two priests sent by [the Archbishop of Chicago], met Kalchik and requested he leave and undergo psychiatric counseling after the burning of the rainbow pride flag last week
It's official, we're in clown world. We've gone, in our lifetime, from homosexuality being a mental illness, to being opposed to homo-pedos running your Church being a mental illness.
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by GORDON »

Told you. In the last decade we began the large-scale enabling of mental illness.

But observing that makes me a racist homophobe, somehow.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Vince »

Good grief.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Leisher »

Another day, another massive Catholic Church molestation scandal. Germany this time.

Someone needs to do a study to look at the numbers of pedophilia among gay vs straight people. I'm not saying gay=pedo, but it might mean you're more likely to be a pedo. You know, unless you're an attractive female teacher...

Oh and don't feel bad for the victims in Germany, the Catholic church gave them all $5900 for their troubles...
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Leisher »

Archbishop Wuerl finally resigns. Pope calls him a "model bishop".

Did he mean a model of what an archbishop shouldn't be?
Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by GORDON »

SO many aspects of my book mirror reality...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote:
spoiler alert?
GORDON
Site Admin

Today in Pedophilia

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote:
GORDON wrote:
spoiler alert?
Well, it started at the end. Extrapolate.