"Ward, you were a little too hard on the Beaver."

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Woman murders husband because he pounded her pussy.

Ok, jokes aside, I'm kind of ok with this killing. I don't think people who are capable of abuse on an animal are the type of people the world needs.

NOTE: This is entirely different from hunting despite what terrorist organizations like PETA will tell you.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Not enough information. My MIL considers any sort of discipline on her untrained cat to be abuse.

Well, considered. After years of training that damned thing behind her back, it no longer jumps on tables and shit. Just in time for her to move out.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: My MIL considers any sort of discipline on her untrained cat to be abuse.
Fair point.

As with child abuse, there's a major difference between swatting a kid on the rump and putting your cigarette out on their arm.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: Not enough information. My MIL considers any sort of discipline on her untrained cat to be abuse.

Well, considered. After years of training that damned thing behind her back, it no longer jumps on tables and shit. Just in time for her to move out.
She thanks you for that.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Doubt it. She still feeds cats off her plate in her bedroom, but now the cats know that her room is the ONLY room in which that happens.

So.

She moves out in 26 days.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Doubt it. She still feeds cats off her plate in her bedroom, but now the cats know that her room is the ONLY room in which that happens.

So.

She moves out in 26 days.
Try not to celebrate too hard.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Leisher wrote: Woman murders husband because he pounded her pussy.

Ok, jokes aside, I'm kind of ok with this killing. I don't think people who are capable of abuse on an animal are the type of people the world needs.
How far does that go, in your opinion?

I mean, we farm shrimp by crushing their eyes so they'll breed more often, and drop crabs and lobsters into boiling water. And there's evidence that crabs, at least, experience pain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_c ... _responses
We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Alhazad wrote:
Leisher wrote: Woman murders husband because he pounded her pussy.

How far does that go, in your opinion?

I mean, we farm shrimp by crushing their eyes so they'll breed more often, and drop crabs and lobsters into boiling water. And there's evidence that crabs, at least, experience pain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_in_c ... _responses
That's a good question, and I don't have a good answer. It'd be on a case by case basis because the world isn't black and white. I think I'd judge actions based upon maliciousness and necessity.

Abuse vs farming.
Maliciousness vs being humane.
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Leisher wrote:That's a good question, and I don't have a good answer. It'd be on a case by case basis because the world isn't black and white. I think I'd judge actions based upon maliciousness and necessity.

Abuse vs farming.
Maliciousness vs being humane.
I'd agree with that generally. Like I'd never say, e.g. that hunters should be stopped because they don't use bolt guns to stun the animal, and lots of people need to hunt to supplement their food.

What about psychological pain? Specifically I'm thinking of some factory farms where animals are prevented from being active and consequently display all sorts of neurotic behavior, pain response, and self-harm/harm to others (like vent-pecking in chickens). Where would you draw the line there?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

My 9 hens have tons of room to walk around, and even free-range for an hour in the evenings, and they still pluck at each other. Chickens are assholes.
Alhazad

Post by Alhazad »

Huh, I looked that up and you're right about that particular behavior. It looks like free-range birds have the highest incidence of vent-pecking -- presumably due to having the highest mobility.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Alhazad wrote: What about psychological pain? Specifically I'm thinking of some factory farms where animals are prevented from being active and consequently display all sorts of neurotic behavior, pain response, and self-harm/harm to others (like vent-pecking in chickens). Where would you draw the line there?
I think any pain should be as minimized as possible, but still keeping in mind that they're food.

That's where I think cannibals go wrong. They're spoiling the meat by treating their captives badly and not hiding their ultimate fate.