Ban plastics

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by GORDON »

I'm at the zoo looking at the display about how turtles can choke on plastic pollution, and I'm thinking about how ignorant all of you are.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: I'm at the zoo looking at the display about how turtles can choke on plastic pollution, and I'm thinking about how ignorant all of you are.
I went to the Caribbean and I didn't see any turtles choking on straws.

Honestly, I thought you were using code words to tell us about your secret kink.

And, now, Disney's going to fire me, too.
Vince

Ban plastics

Post by Vince »

GORDON wrote: I'm at the zoo looking at the display about how turtles can choke on plastic pollution, and I'm thinking about how ignorant all of you are.
They also have displays where primates throw their poop at you. Not sure why you trust them.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by Leisher »

Saw something on FB about edible plates made from wheat. Not a bad idea.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by GORDON »

I have decided that no one needs balloons, they are therefore banned.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by Leisher »

Meh, I have always though balloons were a waste of money. Fuck 'em.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Meh, I have always though balloons were a waste of money. Fuck 'em.
I tried, didn't work.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by GORDON »

Kroger will.save money on bags, will make money selling reusable bags, will inconvenience customers, and do Nothing to change the amount of pollution in landfills.

Well played, Kroger.
Vince

Ban plastics

Post by Vince »

Yeah, this is a money grab. They have a no-frills offshoot called Rulers that carries all the Kroger label items and it already does this. And charges a quarter for a cart.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote: Yeah, this is a money grab. They have a no-frills offshoot called Rulers that carries all the Kroger label items and it already does this. And charges a quarter for a cart.
So Aldi's, except Kroger's version.

Aldi's has been around forever.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote:
Vince wrote: Yeah, this is a money grab. They have a no-frills offshoot called Rulers that carries all the Kroger label items and it already does this. And charges a quarter for a cart.

And Aldi's have always admitted it was a cost savings measure, not a "we care about the environment" bullshit measure.
Vince

Ban plastics

Post by Vince »

Leisher wrote:

Yes, and I think that's where it'll bite Kroger in the ass. The people that want that are already going to Aldi's. The people that don't want that will start going to WalMart.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by Leisher »

Vince wrote:
Leisher wrote:

Yes, and I think that's where it'll bite Kroger in the ass. The people that want that are already going to Aldi's. The people that don't want that will start going to WalMart.
I highly doubt this will bite them in the ass. Kroger is too big to suffer from a plastic vs permanent bag issue. Plus, they are smart to give 2025 as the date to when this would be completed. A slow rollout will help.

People will gripe initially because people fear change. Kroger will offer deals on the new bags, and other incentives to keep people coming. The vast, vast majority of people won't change to Walmart just because of plastic bags because they're used to going to Kroger, the rewards program there, it's closer, etc.

After they get used to them, they'll enjoy those bags more than the plastic ones (so says my wife who loves them as they hold a ton more and don't break). The big complaint at that point will be when you forget to bring them.

3 years after rollout people will be bewildered by places that still use plastic bags.

That's ALL assuming Walmart doesn't follow suit, which I'm betting they will.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ban plastics

Post by GORDON »

Why wouldn't Walmart? Saves them money, puts the burden on the shoppers, can lie and claim they did it for the environment, and when they are last to do it , their customers have nowhere else.to go over it.
Vince

Ban plastics

Post by Vince »

The last place to do it will be the ones getting my business.