Aliens on Earth

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Aliens on Earth

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Aliens on Earth

Post by GORDON »

I bet a dollar it's easily falsifiable bullshit.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Aliens on Earth

Post by Leisher »

You didn't watch the video :D

It's theory. They provide dissenting opinions too.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Aliens on Earth

Post by GORDON »

Nope.

If there was some common critter whose phylogenic tree suddenly began out of nowhere, that would have been a big deal long before now.
Troy

Aliens on Earth

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote:

If there was some common critter whose phylogenic tree suddenly began out of nowhere, that would have been a big deal long before now.
Cuttlefish are aliens. Children of Cthulu. There's nothing you can say to change my mind.
GORDON
Site Admin

Aliens on Earth

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:
GORDON wrote:

Cuttlefish are aliens. Children of Cthulu. There's nothing you can say to change my mind.
Well obviously cuttlefish are aliens. .I didn't think I needed to qualify that common knowledge.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Aliens on Earth

Post by TheCatt »

I didn't watch it either. Snopes says: That's some bullshit: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/octopus-dna-origins/
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Aliens on Earth

Post by Leisher »

Snopes can eat a bag of dicks. They're as trusted as the Weekly World News.

Nowhere in that video is the claim made that Octopus have alien DNA. I think that was more people running with the story and adding their own tidbits.

This was simply that a collection of scientists came together to speculate that such a thing was within the realm of possibility. Octopus aren't the only species mentioned either.
Troy

Aliens on Earth

Post by Troy »

Found this on Snopes too.

e: Also the writer of the original article misspelled "researchers"