Meek Mills

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Meek Mills

Post by Leisher »

I hear a fuckton about this guy and how unjust it is that he's in jail. Today, there's a story about Robert Kraft visiting him and arguing for his release.
Said Kraft, "It's really bad. I know some of our players in the NFL have talked about this. I see it firsthand. It's just wrong. We have to find a way to correct it and also help the community help themselves. It's just sad. This guy is a great guy. Shouldn't be here. And then think of all the taxpayers here paying for people like this to be in jail and not out being productive."
So I looked at Mills' Wiki:
Mill was arrested for illegally possessing a firearm and assaulting the police when he was 18 years old. He was put on probation. Since then, he has been arrested four times for parole violation.[5][7]

In 2008, Mill was convicted of drug dealing and gun possession and was sentenced to 11 to 23 months in prison. Mill was released during the early portion of 2009 under a five-year parole agreement.[5][48][49][50] In December 2012, Mill was found to have violated his probation and the judge revoked Mill's travel permit.[51]

In May 2013, Mill was again found to have violated his probation and was ordered to take etiquette classes. The violation was a failure to report travel plans as required and social media postings that resulted in death threats to the judge, Assistant District Attorney (ADA) and probation officer assigned his case.[49] In requiring the classes and stressing the requirement to report travel, the judge noted, "You need to try to get this right next time."[50] In June 2013, the court noted that Mill continually failed to report his travel plans. The judge established an August deadline for the classes, noting that Mill has "a lot of issues" and that the classes would provide him with a "big-picture perspective" of his personal and professional actions. The judge stated the classes were "more important than any concerts he might have."[52] Of the requirement to provide travel plans to his probation officer, Mill complained, "You just gonna miss money all day." The ADA explained that it was a consequence of being on probation.[53] On July 11, 2014, Mill had his probation revoked and he was sentenced to three to six months in jail.[54] He was released from prison on December 2, 2014.[55]

He was found guilty for a parole violation again on December 17, 2015. The judge hearing his case refused to give him another chance and ordered him not to work or perform before his sentencing on February 5, 2016.[56] He was sentenced to 90 days of house arrest on February 5. The sentence became effective from March 1 during which he was not allowed to work and was required to do daily community service with groups serving adults. Additionally, he was also sentenced to six more years of probation.[57] On June 2, 2016, Meek Mill was sentenced to eight additional days of house arrest.[58] His house arrest came to an end in mid-June 2016.[59]

On March 11, 2017, Mill was arrested at a local airport in St. Louis, Missouri for assaulting two pedestrians. Shortly after his arrest and court appearance, he was given a court summons.[60][61] On November 6, 2017, he was sentenced to two to four years in state prison for violating his parole.[62][63]

On November 29, 2017, Meek Mill and Roc Nation were sued by the family of Jaquan Graves who was shot and killed in the parking lot outside a Connecticut concert in December 2016. Graves had just left the facility when gunfire started and he was killed. The lawsuit also claimed that Meek and Roc Nation allowed "thugs" to remain on the premises after exhibiting disorderly, disruptive, argumentative, angry and agitated behaviors toward patrons.[64]
This is a great guy who shouldn't be in jail?

Apparently, this is all his judge's fault:
Reports alleged that there was an investigation by the FBI into the conduct of the judge presiding over his case.[65] This was later publicly acknowledged by Mill's defense team.[66] Meek's attorney, Joe Tacopina, made several allegations of inappropriate statements and actions from the judge, including that "she requested he re-record a Boyz II Men song and shout her out, and how she wanted him to leave Roc Nation to sign with a friend of hers" and that "She showed up at his community service" when a typical judge would not do that, among several other irregularities.[67]
Apparently, his judge caused him to continually break the law and assault people.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Meek Mills

Post by Troy »

They had a rally for this guy outside city hall here in Philadelphia last time I was here. They had to upgrade security in our building for the day because of it.

Sounds like a shitbag. Both him and the judge.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Meek Mills

Post by TheCatt »

Pretty sure yall are racist.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Meek Mills

Post by GORDON »

Never heard of him.

I'm the real winner, here.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Meek Mills

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Both him and the judge.
No argument here.
GORDON wrote: Never heard of him.

I'm the real winner, here.
I can't argue that either.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Meek Mills

Post by Leisher »

Freed.

I still have no idea why. I feel like if he was wrongfully convicted I'm only hearing the story of his actual crimes.

A shitty judge wanted to rub on his celebrity, but how does that make him innocent? Seriously asking. He still did things to violate parole. He's still a violent offender.

I'm missing something.