School shootings

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

School shootings

Post by Leisher »

Figured we can just throw them up under one title...

There was a march this weekend about ending the gun violence. Lots of anti-NRA and anti-gun signs. No anti-shooters signs. No signs about mental health. No signs about making schools actually safer just anti-gun stuff.

I'm happy the kids are out using their voice. I'm sad they're being manipulated to further someone else's agenda.

School distributes rocks for students to throw at shooters.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
thibodeaux

School shootings

Post by thibodeaux »

Leisher wrote: I'm happy the kids are out using their voice.
I'm not. Kids are stupid and should shut up.
GORDON
Site Admin

School shootings

Post by GORDON »

thibodeaux wrote:
Leisher wrote: I'm happy the kids are out using their voice.
I'm not. Kids are stupid and should shut up.
Like 3 minutes ago I was wondering why anyone would ever come down on any side of an argument that children support. CHildren are stupid and inexperienced and I would bet a dollar that 99% of them don't have a concrete reason about why they marched.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Vince

School shootings

Post by Vince »

"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

School shootings

Post by Leisher »

Designing schools in the age of school shootings.

True story: A local elementary school that my oldest attended for a year was built with shooters in mind. The school was built over a decade ago too, which is strange. Hallways are angled in such a way that standing in one hallway doesn't give you clear line of sight on any other. Longer hallways have bends or angles in them. Doors are thick and have security measures installed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”