Black History Month

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
thibodeaux

Black History Month

Post by thibodeaux »

Lulz
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27517/tw ... -paul-bois
Two Aramark employees have been fired by the food service after preparing a meal at NYU during Black History Month that was deemed racially "insensitive." Reports suggest that the employees are African-American, though Aramark has not confirmed details about the ethnicity of the fired employees.

According to CBS News, the two employees were fired as a result of a complaint by a sophomore, who says she confronted the head cook about the "racially insensitive" meal but was "lied to" and ultimately "ignored." The meal, the student claimed in a Facebook post, consisted of barbecue ribs, collard greens, watermelon-flavored water, Kool-Aid, and mac and cheese.
I kinda like ribs myself.

Ok, true story, when I was an undergrad, they had an Engineering minority students banquet and NO LIE the entree was fried chicken. But this was the 20th century, when we weren't as enlightened.
GORDON
Site Admin

Black History Month

Post by GORDON »

They should have been sensitive to African culture and served beetle larva, with a blood/milk cocktail. Then the white knight culture warriors could be happy.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black History Month

Post by TheCatt »

That meal feels more Southern than black, but whatever.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Black History Month

Post by thibodeaux »

TheCatt wrote: That meal feels more Southern than black, but whatever.
Agreed, except for maybe the "watermelon flavored water." That probably was the last straw.

Overall, I file this away as another instance of Black Drama Queen Attention Whoring, with a strong likelihood of Shit That Didn't Happen, just like the Black Lady Doctor Dissed by the Flight Attendant.

I told my kids: don't SAY the N-word, but also don't believe that black people are really offended by it. If they didn't like the word, they wouldn't use it ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Instead, they've learned that "racism" is a weapon they can use against you to get their way or at the very least get attention.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Black History Month

Post by TheCatt »

thibodeaux wrote: Agreed, except for maybe the "watermelon flavored water." That probably was the last straw.
Well, yeah.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Black History Month

Post by GORDON »

I thought that fruit infused water was the current trendy thing.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."