My town (Troy's hometown) wants to screen poop for drugs

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I'm not kidding
Cary officials hope to generate geo-localized data about where opioids are most heavily used by measuring the concentration of the drugs in human waste to track users.

In his recent State of Cary address, Mayor Harold Weinbrecht said the town has seen an increase in overdoses and overdose-related deaths in the past year.

Cary received $100,000 to test the plan when it was selected as a Champion City in the Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Mayors Challenge.

Of the 35 cities and towns competing in the challenge, the grand prize winner will receive $5 million to implement their idea and four other cities will be awarded $1 million.

According to a November poll conducted by Elon University, one in every three people in North Carolina said they have been affected by the opioid addiction crisis. Those figures were even higher among millennials, where 43 percent said they've been affected, and suburban residents, at 38 percent, the poll showed.
I'm not a fan.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No, this seems like a waste of money, an invasion of privacy, and it wouldn't be accurate.

Besides who gives a shit where the drugs are being used? That's not where you stop them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”