Carnival Cruise Lines

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by Leisher »

23 people booted after brawl on board.

Video below. Notice the laws being broken by ship staff and security? Staff pushing people not associated with the fight. Staff trying to tell people not to record. Security throwing kicks at people who are down.

Cue the lawsuits.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Notice the laws being broken by ship staff and security?
no laws on the ocean?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: Notice the laws being broken by ship staff and security?
no laws on the ocean?
Not really true.

If you're within 24 miles of any border, you operate under their laws. Otherwise, you operate under the flag flying on your ship. Carnival is U.S. based, so it'd be U.S. law.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by GORDON »

Take over the ship in international waters, and you're God!
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by Leisher »

Potentially faces ban from U.S. ports.

That would probably hurt their stock...
GORDON
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by GORDON »

Also hurt my July cruise plans.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Potentially faces ban from U.S. ports.

That would probably hurt their stock...
Feels unlikely
Leisher
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by TheCatt »

“An initial review of closed circuit security footage confirms that he leaned over the railing of his stateroom balcony and dropped into the water at approximately 4:10 am early Monday morning,” Carnival said in a statement.

The passenger’s companion reported him missing late Monday afternoon, the statement added.
That's a pretty big time gap.
Leisher
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by Leisher »

I thought so too, but figured maybe they thought he got laid or something. Cruise ships are quite large.
GORDON
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by GORDON »

When I cruised with my 15 year old, I let him run off when he wanted to. The only instructions were "Don't go anywhere overboard, or in any spaces without good lighting." So I can see how peeps wouldn't be reported missing for several hours.
Leisher
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by Leisher »

Apparently, drowning by going overboard was a thing this weekend.
FYI, there is a whole subchain of people thinking the splash of the rope was a shark and this kid was immediately eaten.
GORDON
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by GORDON »

Sharks have been known to follow cruise ships, that often throw biodegradable trash overboard. So if sharks see bit boat, and big splash, they may actually be in the mind of a snack.

I think my instinct would be float. Be still. Don't draw attention.
Leisher
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:39 pm Sharks have been known to follow cruise ships, that often throw biodegradable trash overboard. So if sharks see bit boat, and big splash, they may actually be in the mind of a snack.
True, but if you watch, you can clearly see the whole line attached to the buoy, and that splash is a part of it. The buoy hits the water at the same moment at the top of the video.

As for instincts, my first one would be not to willingly jump off the cruise ship...
GORDON
Site Admin

Carnival Cruise Lines

Post by GORDON »

I heard peeps saw sharks but the video was too dark for me to tell.