General Space Thread

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Space X Falcon Heavy live feed begins in 90 minutes.

Elon Musk is sending his old Tesla to space. For real.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

That was amazing. Standard stuff until the boosters came back. Wow. Humans are pretty fucking awesome.
thibodeaux

General Space Thread

Post by thibodeaux »

"There are two types of countries in this world: those that use the metric system, and those that have landed men on the moon."

And do you remember the Cadillac commercial a few years back: we sent a car to the moon, and left the keys in it. Because we're going back.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by GORDON »

So did the center piece land, or what?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by GORDON »

Still can't find any info on it.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

They said it did, but the feed cut out.

I take it back. Folks on Starman's feed said the core splashed in the water, so it missed its landing zone. Or maybe tipped over?
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Departure burn in two hours apparently for Starman. That'll get him on his way to Mars.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Starman's live feed. The comments are interesting, and hopefully full of trolls. If not, there's a lot of fucking morons pointing out there aren't any stars (so it's fake), the Earth glitching (so it's fake), the car not having a rear view mirror (so it's fake), the crash test dummy being a real astronaut, etc.
GORDON
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by GORDON »

Well it WOULD be the perfect way to hide the body of the person you just murdered....

I wonder if Elon is looking at the video of his car, thinking about all the BJs he'd gotten in that front seat.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Update: Core missed the landing pad by 30 feet.

Apparently, its engines didn't fire.
GORDON wrote: Well it WOULD be the perfect way to hide the body of the person you just murdered....
Ha, you saw my comment in the feed?
GORDON
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by GORDON »

No! When I wrote it, it was an original thought.... but I soon learned I was the last person to have that original thought.

Expand that thought process.... imagine he murdered a hooker and hid her body up there, and the helmet jarred loosed during launch, and the whole world was looking at a frozen dead hooker, in the car. Might be the most macabre thing ever.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Which was posted on reddit around 6pm...
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Proof that creativity is dead. (or that the joke is too obvious...)

Feed is no longer live.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Proof that creativity is dead. (or that the joke is too obvious...)

Feed is no longer live.
4 hours ago on reddit
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

Never saw it. I posted mine around 8:00 in the live feed.

You guys are really missing the big news here...There's a Tesla convertible floating through space with a crash test dummy dressed as an astronaut in the driver's seat.

Is that cool or is it the most white trash thing ever done in space?

Also, what TV show/movie will "find it" in a story line first? I'm betting on The Orville.

It's coming right at us!
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by TheCatt »

I saw lots of "Cool!" mixed with a little "Flint still doesn't have water, what kind of society is this?"

I want to post: "Glad you are in Flint working to solve the problem" (He isn't)
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: I saw lots of "Cool!" mixed with a little "Flint still doesn't have water, what kind of society is this?"

Plus, he's wrong.
TheCatt
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote:
TheCatt wrote: I saw lots of "Cool!" mixed with a little "Flint still doesn't have water, what kind of society is this?"

Plus, he's wrong.
I never heard that in the news.
Leisher
Site Admin

General Space Thread

Post by Leisher »

I didn't either. Good news doesn't sell. Had to google it. Lots of stories about how the water is fine there now, but they still don't recommend drinking it because most homes have lead plumbing.