Dignity > Safety in Philly

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

New bill to force the removal of bulletproof glass.

A black woman is behind the bill. This is important because a lot of people are suggesting there's racism at play both ways. Snopes goes WAY out of their way to claim it isn't. However, while she never says the bulletproof glass is racist, the implication is there. A fact Snopes ignores. (As an aside, does anyone really trust Snopes as an unbiased source?)
Democratic Councilwoman Cindy Bass, a primary sponsor of the bill, insisted these delis were the cause, not an effect, of trouble in her district.

"We want to make sure that there isn't this sort of indignity, in my opinion, to serving food through a Plexiglas only in certain neighborhoods," Bass said.
Emphasis is mine.

Am I drunk or is she blaming the delis for the trouble in her district?

How can anyone possibly think it's ok to tell business owners they must come out from behind plexiglass and risk their lives because it might upset people? Here's a thought: Don't shop at those places!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

If I had been robbed enough times that in installed bullet proof glass, and the law made.me remove it, I'd tell them all TO GFT and shut it.down.

Defensive measures aren't a challenge, they are an unfortunate expense when doing business around scum thieves.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."