Racist Trees

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Racist Trees

Post by Leisher »

Being removed.

I play a lot of golf. I've never been on a course that didn't have trees and fences between houses and the course somewhere on the course. Typically, these are not considered racist, but because one side or the other doesn't want the view, or they're restricting access, or they're protecting the houses, etc.

There may be some historical significance to this row of trees, but otherwise, this is a Political Correctness over-correction.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Racist Trees

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: There may be some historical significance to this row of trees
The article certainly implies it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
thibodeaux

Racist Trees

Post by thibodeaux »

Residents said the invasive tamarisks, which block views of the Tahquitz Creek Golf Course and San Jacinto mountains, have artificially depressed property values and prevented black families from accumulating wealth in their property over the past half century.
Leisher
Site Admin

Racist Trees

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote:
Leisher wrote: There may be some historical significance to this row of trees
The article certainly implies it.
They should share the story, unless it's the depreciation thing, in which case, JLaw is correct.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”