Fake interpreter

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Fake interpreter

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Vince

Fake interpreter

Post by Vince »

Florida seems to have a problem with this. They had another one during the last hurricane there. I'm far from a big government guy, but you'd think with all the money we piss away every year we'd have an agency that could get local governments in touch with qualified people for things like this.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Troy

Fake interpreter

Post by Troy »

Vince wrote: Florida seems to have a problem with this. They had another one during the last hurricane there. I'm far from a big government guy, but you'd think with all the money we piss away every year we'd have an agency that could get local governments in touch with qualified people for things like this.
Apparently they rely on a government-approved contractor service. When someone shows up, says they have been sent to do the job, It's hard for me to fault Joe Sheriff for taking them at their word. What kind of lunatic makes that shit up? A few, apparently.

If you really want to put a stop to it, I guess you could pass a law to make doing it at important press conference illegal. Sucks we even have to do it. People are fucking crazy.
thibodeaux

Fake interpreter

Post by thibodeaux »

Vince

Fake interpreter

Post by Vince »

Troy wrote: Apparently they rely on a government-approved contractor service. When someone shows up, says they have been sent to do the job, It's hard for me to fault Joe Sheriff for taking them at their word. What kind of lunatic makes that shit up? A few, apparently.

If you really want to put a stop to it, I guess you could pass a law to make doing it at important press conference illegal. Sucks we even have to do it. People are fucking crazy.
Oh, I don't blame the sheriff or his office at all. I'm just surprised there isn't a better resource for local and state agencies to find real interpreters.
"... and then I was forced to walk the Trail of Tears." - Elizabeth Warren
Leisher
Site Admin

Fake interpreter

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: People are fucking crazy.
Yep.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”